full time thursday out

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by truckdriver31, Aug 2, 2018.

1. laaylor

laaylor Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Creston, Wa
    It’s pretty! :)

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. laaylor

Oct 16, 2007
    Creston, Wa
    Omg! Seriously?

4. foggy

foggy Medium Load Member

Sep 2, 2013
    Congrats to you and the rest...with sales up and the economy doing well, we are going to be doing some serious hiring. With that and the fact Smith is seeing the light about outside contracting, a lot of you guys toward the bottomof the board should be kicked up to full time or at least get a program you like...The holiday forcast shows retail booming this holiday season. Walmart has 4 shiploads of Halloween merchandise to get out so hold on...and try not to get run over by a contractor...

MilkyJay Thanks this.
  5. laaylor

Oct 16, 2007
    Creston, Wa
    Not all of us contractor are inconsiderate of your positions: there’s no need to blanket bash us all....

06driver Thanks this.
  6. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    Still running to heavy on extra board IMO. Extra should be about 10-12% total staffing. We are running almost 20%. But there are more full time trucks and programs.

foggy Thanks this.
  7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    It's a target. I had a car similar to that once. (Not lime, ugh...) and the Police were all over it. They are confronted with a stream of 495 traffic coming on 4 lanes wide and there I am. Then the policeman, "There is that speeding ####### I ticketed yesterday, let's get him...)

8. laaylor

Oct 16, 2007
    Creston, Wa
    You are right! Lol

9. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    A: Doubt Mike is going to speed. He is squared away.
    B: The truck is lettered up with his award, his service record, and safe miles. I have seen LEO's at events want a pic with him and his truck.

He does stand out, but not so much as a target.

10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I was speaking for myself in those bad old days of speeding (I pretty much have no interest now. If a state says 75 like this one is legal, then that's not speeding. Nor is 85 where posted in texas)

Thank you kindly for your writings. I like you for defending your positions where necessary, I don't always agree with you but that's ok too.

As a trucker Im more than happy to just drive a ordinary tractor. Maybe one with ungoverned and a couple of other goodies I find valuable. But I could not be a award winner advertising that in a neon colored special issue tractor with all the medals covering it.

Note- This NOT a attack on his achievements. This Driver and some others I have met (Not that particular one...) in my time who have demonstated a history deserving of such awards that cover them. And I say WELL DONE.

Im just not one of those. I take cars out approx every million miles in a 18 wheeler. Just not in a car yet. (Although it's been close... we just had a encounter yesterday when someone refused a light and rolled through against us)

06driver Thanks this.
  11. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    I can see this holiday frieght season is going to be booming...which is great..bank accounts are going to look nice this holiday season..which means folks are going to be spending money..

laaylor and 06driver Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.