Fun On The Road??

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by CobraDane, Aug 3, 2012.

1. CommDriver

CommDriver Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2006
    I usually don't get out and do as much as I used to, but I went to see Roger Waters (Pink Floyd) The Wall in Washington DC last month. That was quite an experience. Parked the truck in Richmond and rode up from there.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2015
    AZS Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BoyWander

BoyWander Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2011
    Michigan
    I have made friends around the country from online and have met a few of them, so when I am out somewhere and in the area, I try to make an effort to have lunch or dinner or whatever.

I have met friends from TN, CA, AZ, SC, OK and MN and have met them all at least once. The one in TN is probably my best friend right now and I have met up with him a few times.

It's incredible how the internet has changed our lives, along with the phenomenon of making friends online, and along with becoming a truck driver, has given me the opportunity to meet this friends in real life.

And no, I have not had a bad experience meeting someone from online, but I consider myself to be a good judge of character and know what I want in a friend, and make decisions whether to meet someone or not.

4. Motownfire

Motownfire Light Load Member

Nov 17, 2010
    The Great State of Texas
    What he said X's 1,000,000,000 !!! I haul down to the border often, Brownsville, Zapata & Laredo just to name a few. I have run into a few guy's in the past at the truck stop wanting to go party for the night in Mexico, DO NOT do this. It's not like it used to be, you can't just cross over for cheap food (really good food) & booze, it's too dangerous these days.

5. DirtyBob

DirtyBob Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Indiana
    I've spent a few days at the beach when picking up produce. Usually take a cab if it's not within walking distance. Most the coolers are usually honest with you about whether you're going to be there until they close or not so it's easy to know if you have the time. Plus, four pickups up and down CA on a Saturday pretty much guarantees you'll be sitting all day Sunday at the last pickup that isn't open on Sundays.

My family and quite a few friends live in Indiana so I'll sneak in a reset there sometimes if it works out.

6. richter111

richter111 Bobtail Member

Aug 15, 2011
    I try to hit museums in the area. The Air Force Museum in Dayton/Fairborn even has semi parking. ( If you are into airplanes)

NoBigHurry Thanks this.
  7. TruckMafk

TruckMafk Light Load Member

"Ice cold Carronas, margaritta, beutiful seniorittas. take the party ride going south of the border. for the adult entertainment check it to channel 23 for the party ride going south of the border with Drunk Idian and Moon shine- Check it to channel 23 for all the deatails for the party ride to mexico." sound familular, anyone;) Laredo, anyone? ;)

8. tracyq144

tracyq144 Heavy Load Member

Feb 15, 2009
    MN
    Ah, good to know, always wondered about that one, thanks.

9. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    i would like to get time off for church every meat plant is late saturday night or early sunday morning flying down the highway sunday church service time......sigh

10. -insert name-

-insert name- ATM squishier

Jul 12, 2012
    SOMEWHERE
    We and a few other driver's have fun in the parking lot, or just joking on the CB. Most fun I ever had was watching a lot lizard get the #### scared out of her by a pete 8'' straight piped revving to 25 on its RPMs. Oh, I laughed so hard I couldn't BREATHE.
    We have many ways to have fun on the road, shoot, got an xbox in my bunk! Just bungee some pillows to it and make sure it can't hit the floor! One guy had a Wii, we were in his huge sleeper for 3 hours playing some Mario. Quite amusing considering I can't use a Wii remote.
    So, jut get a gaming system or something. We all entertain ourselves if different ways.

11. TruckMafk

TruckMafk Light Load Member

so true ! the CB rules in the truck stops- buy it really depends on yr personality:
    [video] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCKrABhaI1I [/video]

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.