Funny brokers

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Dino soar, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    If I lived near a big city, that's what I'd do, hook up with a couple of brokers like you and run 2- $500 loads a day average. That's gravy money.

PPDCT Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    That plan bites back hard when you get a slow dock even once a day. I was experimenting with that for awhile. Personally I don't like to deal with more than one dock a day, 2 tops. If I knew them all it would be different.

4. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    But I said a couple of brokers like @PPDCT He wouldn't let me down ;-)

86scotty, Nostalgic, 650cat425 and 2 others Thank this.
  5. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.

I was talking about that with a buddy earlier today, I don’t have a dry van in my stable anymore, but I’ve been looking at dry van loads and something could be put together for back-and-forth in Jersey every day and be OK on numbers. Issue being, not knowing those shippers and receivers it’s hard to know if you get hung up at any of them until you do get stuck at one.
    Like a drop in the morning there, reload, come back and unload, then reload for the next day.
    Also itd be hard to justify in my business model, being that i could do the same mileage and money for my current customers, with equipment i already have, with half the miles being empty and done in a lot less time/

86scotty, 650cat425 and Nostalgic Thank this.
  6. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    The guy I primarily do this with has done something like 3-400 loads with me and the yards in question.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.