Funny how life goes

Discussion in 'Prime' started by brainsurgeon, Nov 16, 2016.

1. brainsurgeon

brainsurgeon Bobtail Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Well as the title states it is funny how life goes. I made about almost 3 years ago about marketing in the trucking industry.
    Well I got my taste of bad luck about a year ago, after leaving a great job for a lot higher paying and responsibility. I was let go from that job after two months (odd story). Well I went unemployed for a couple of months before taking a huge pay cut, just to take care of my family. As life goes I was recently laid off due to the election (government contractor).
    Well I am joining the family business or at least used to be, only my uncle drives now. I decided to go to Prime as they have a Texas regional account which involves my home state of Arkansas. I will be going flatbed, I like the physical characteristics.

I plan to share my journey good and bad. I have thought about a youtube channel but not sure if that will happen.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. brainsurgeon

Dec 12, 2013
    Application process was really straightforward. As long as you have a clean background, DMV record, and can get your employment background verified, it is quick. I applied and within a day I was scheduled for next week.

4. brainsurgeon

Dec 12, 2013
    I guess I can give a little background just to make it easy for everyone.

I have been in structural steel fabrication management but got my start in Telecommunications after I finished my MBA. I will be 30 in January, so still young. Like many, I am a truckers son, grandson and nephew. Dad and grandfather both owned small fleets but retired from the industry.

I have high hopes but at this point I am focusing on learning how to be an efficient driver. Thanks to everyone who may follow my story.

If anyone would like to drop knowledge please do. As I go on my journey I will do the same.

5. brainsurgeon

Dec 12, 2013
    Scheduled to start orientation Sunday morning. If all goes well I will have a trainer Wednesday. Holiday's has changed the schedule for the week.

Anyone else going to Prime this weekend?

6. fargonaz

fargonaz Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Mesa, AZ
    You'll do great on youtube.

7. brainsurgeon

Dec 12, 2013
    I appreciate that. Still considering it.

8. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    Good luck on your new job. I hope you enjoy.

9. brainsurgeon

Dec 12, 2013
    Well went a different route. As the title states life happens

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  10. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    I may YouTube videos look at my sig and type in my name from it and you will see the same dog pic as that one as well.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.