Furniture Row Express

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Cybergasm, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Cybergasm

Cybergasm Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Cape Girardeau MO
    or for that matter scrapped. with the exception of the 10 new trailers i expect most of the FRE trailers will get sent to the scrap yard especially those Extralease trailers

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Huckebein

Huckebein Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2014
    Canton, Kansas
    The ExtraLease trailers are worth more money than some of the newer ones... They are structurally in much better shape... I expect they might use some of the 2100 series trailers for a while, and of course the new 2300s... The others will be cycled out rather quickly... I expect they will sell them, most will bring more sold than scrapped...

4. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    I sure do not disagree with your summation here. I always felt that way too. But seems to me like it would be a good idea to at least give 'em a chance.

5. Cybergasm

Cybergasm Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Cape Girardeau MO
    Doubtful about that since the Extra Lease trailers are heavy SOB's and can barely maintain temp on a good day and ride like rocks compared to the other trailers we have currently in the Fleet. but with the exception of the 2300 trailers FRE's fleet is 2007 and older and those trailers cannot go to California. So i do not see Celadon keeping those trailers at all in there fleet.

6. flatbedder

flatbedder Medium Load Member

Oct 10, 2006
    Illinois
    I heard recently that celedaon is now pulling flatbeds also. WHY DO THESE COMPANIES FEEL THE NEED TO BUY EVERYBODY UP???????? Give it time and all we will have is Swift, JB Hunt, and Celadon PERIOD

7. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    You guys are all going through what we went through last year when Heartland bought Gordon...

we tried to rationalize things...give them a chance and all that...

now everyone that i knew at gordon is gone...just couldnt take all the bs...

Cybergasm Thanks this.
  8. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    Is this the same Furniture Row as the NASCAR team owned by Barney Visser??? If so, is that being sold too???

9. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Yes and no. Barney just unloaded the trucking company.

Daniel.trawick Thanks this.
  10. Huckebein

Sep 4, 2014
    Canton, Kansas
    I thought the Prime trailers were compliant as well, but mabe not... Of the trailers that FROW has unloaded in the last year, the Extra Lease ones were fetching the best money, and were the most wanted, especially the Great Danes... The reason for this is structural integrity... As for the heaviest trailers, those are here and there in the triple digit group... Some of the 2000 series have the worst structural integrity... The big issue here is that Celedon does not have enough trailers to service our customers at this time, so they are going to be forced to use some for a while until they acquire more equipment... I expect that will happen as quick as they can get them...

11. Huckebein

Sep 4, 2014
    Canton, Kansas
    I expect if they get short on flatbed drivers, they will want me to switch over... I have vast experience in that realm...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.