Fuse location

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by newguy76, Jun 9, 2016.

1. newguy76

newguy76 Light Load Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Del Rio, TX
    I have a 2012 cascadia. My power mirrors don't work. I opened the fuse box but no diagram available. Can anyone tell me which fuse it is. I don't have my electrical meter with me, and not looking forward to pulling fuse by fuse. Any help is appreciated

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. iRookie

iRookie Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2015
    20160310_203432-2.jpg

Attached Files:

rachi Thanks this.
  4. mtoo

mtoo Road Train Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Retired on bended knee
    Is that the way most Freightliner "fuse and relay identification" decals are put on? Seems a little sloppy.

5. newguy76

newguy76 Light Load Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Del Rio, TX
    Which fuse is for the mirrors? I see for the mirror heaters but don't know if that's the same for the power to make them move. I checked both of those fuses, and both were good

6. iRookie

iRookie Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2015
    I'm not sure if there's even a fuse for mirror controls. The only other way you may diagnose the problem is to pop open the "mirror control unit on driver door" to see if the wiring harness became loose somehow by slamming the door too hard.

7. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    Don't just look at the fuse to see if it is blown. Actually put a ohm meter on it.
    I talked to an Eaton rep recently, he said they have had problems with Freightliner using the type of fuse shown in the video. The fuses weren't blown but they were broken. They separated where the heater element is attached to the pin on the fuse, you cannot see this, only using a meter will you be able to detect it.

8. Neverready

Neverready Medium Load Member

Jul 24, 2014
    Pocomoke City, Md.
    Had problems with power mirrors on a 2012 Cascadia also. Sometimes they would work sometimes not. I suspect it's crud around the door mounted switches or maybe vibration causing poor connection at switches. Try removing the cover on top sill and blowing crud from around switches. on mine it was problems with one side or the other seldom both sides at once.

9. Islandgirl253

Islandgirl253 Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2018
    Which or what fuse for the heater on the 2010 freightliner cascadia ? Please.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.