Future Dispatch

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Truckersheldan, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    California is nothing to worry about at all..in a sick kind of way I really like going there.

Just watch your speed, keep it under 60. I just set my cruise on 57 and chill. The trucks running 65-70+ just ignore them.

TA in Barstow is one of my favorite places to take a 10. They have a Black Bear Dinner and the showers are great..old showers but great water pressure. The truck stops in Ontario, Petro I hate because the cell service is terrible.

I just hauled a load out of Fresno headed to Orlando..Once you know where you’re going post back, chances are one of us has already been where you’re going and can give some pointers.

Truckersheldan Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Truckersheldan

Truckersheldan Light Load Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Taneytown, Md.
    Will do. Thanks for the information.

4. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Some of the reserved parking at the Pilot in Weed, CA are not in the truck parking lot, but behind the store and near the automobile fuel pumps. If you are fueling the truck at the Pilot in Weed, look to the left and you will see the store fuel tanks and a barrier gate. About 5-10 reserved truck parking spaces are on the other side of that barrier. You can only get to those reserved spots by driving around/through the fuel pumps for 4-wheelers.

Moosetek13 and Truckersheldan Thank this.
  5. tscottme

Don't forget your "I Love Beaver" souvenirs from the truck stop in Beaver, OR.

Moosetek13 and Truckersheldan Thank this.
  6. Truckersheldan

Jul 30, 2011
    Taneytown, Md.
    I can see if I stop and get these shirts I might be in a world of trouble with the wife. Have a lot of explaining to do.

tscottme Thanks this.
  7. tscottme

In that case make sure not to get the ceramic coffee mug. Those leave a bigger knot on your head than a keychain or t-shirt when thrown at your head.

Truckersheldan Thanks this.
  8. Truckersheldan

Jul 30, 2011
    Taneytown, Md.
    I guess they can’t be any worse than the I LOVE INTERCOURSE with Pa in small letters you can get around Lancaster, Pa. Now that’s one you don’t want to get a mug either.

tscottme Thanks this.
  9. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    Find out where
    If turns out it’s northern commieformia
    Make sure you’ve got enuff jewelry or you’ll either be sitting or runnin a xxxxload of out a route miles
    Oh yeah and make sure you know how to use it

rockeee, REO6205 and Truckersheldan Thank this.
  10. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    The best reserved parking at the J in Northfield, MN is the same way. It is next to the 4-wheeler gas pumps.

11. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

Judge Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.