Gainey Transportation

Discussion in 'Superservice' started by jht2006, Jan 10, 2008.

1. steelersfan

steelersfan Medium Load Member

May 9, 2009
    BRIDGEWATER, NJ
    All the things that you mentioned thats one the web for everyone to see is there why have you not posted any negatives that are also on the web for everyone to see? I actually wish you were an insider, but that we could get some truthful answers out of you, if you were that is. But as it is keep on rockin. I dont now or havent worked for Gainey. Just like info on all trucking business and this is one place to get it. Only thing is here you have to filter even more to get through the disgruntled employees and the company people.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sw18576

sw18576 Bobtail Member

Jun 18, 2009
    wyoming, mi
    There are already enough people talking negatives. The simple fact is Gainey is like any bigger company, where yes, the dollar is important, and it's WHY people make businesses. I would never dream of saying things I don't honestly believe are true. If you DO ACTUALLY have some legit questions, I can get an insiders answer(s) for you. EVERY company has good and bad press, from PR and current or "ex" drivers. And while I wouldn't dare say that Gainey is perfect (maybe even far from it), the same can be said for many drivers that cause their own problems (now I'm not saying all... before you go and crucify me!!!). If people come here to get information about a company, and I see it's either not entirely correct, or outright misleading, isn't it SOMEONE's responsibility to say something? Yes... there are upset drivers who did/do work for Gainey. There are also happy/satisfied drivers. As you mentioned... it can be hard to "filter" through what is legit and what is not.

4. steelersfan

steelersfan Medium Load Member

May 9, 2009
    BRIDGEWATER, NJ
    All true statements, nice post; for a change LOL J/K.

5. teampitts3

teampitts3 Light Load Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Tennessee
    After reading that article about Harvey Gainey getting spanked for using the private jet, I'm waiting for their number one defender (sw18576) to come on here and tell us we are all wrong about Gainey.....again. I remembered reading

"Actually the deal with their credit is through scandalous measures from Wachovia bank who was having solidarity problems and tried to put Gainey, along with other high profile customers through the wringer in an attempt to come up with quick cash flow. Gainey has most of their accounts back now, and everyone knows what happened to Wachovia now. People need to get their facts straight."

by sw18576 It is definitely in contrast to the article they just posted where it stated "

"Earlier this month, the company submitted a reorganization plan that would allow Gainey Corp. to emerge from bankruptcy debt-free with a new investor. Creditors would get about 40 cents for every dollar they are owed.
    The committee of creditors and Gregg are considering that plan. The first hearing to discuss it is set for July 6."

Sounds to me nothing is set in stone to allow them to exit Chapter 11. Actually it sounds quite to the contrary.

harleynite Thanks this.
  6. RECON08

RECON08 Light Load Member

Dec 27, 2008
    Hudsonville, MI
    ok, i am a former driver and my wife worked in recruiting(sp). we both left because of all the bs and my wife was tired of feeding future drivers bs to get them to come on board and then getting yelled at for lieing to them. they are given paperwork to read off of to drivers questions. gainey treats drivers like uneducated people who never passed 1st grade and is very against family. if you are not willing to drive on a fake log book, tell your family kiss off, and kiss gaineys butt they have no need for you. the mechanics are a joke, not even going there. as for chpt 11, gainey brought on some people to help re organize the company and help free up cash flow, problem, those people didnt know what they were doing and did more harm then good, harvey came is and canned them but it was to late. harvey claims to care about his drivers, truth, try useing the so called open door policy to see him, you never will. as for the drivers that are happy there, they have been there for close to 20yrs and get what they want, but when i left, even they were getting mad. now as for my driving record, clean, no service fails, no loads turned down, no preventabls, no tickets, no log book violations, and passed many level 3 inspections with them. gainey is a company that finds anyway it can to take money from its drivers, even when you follow thier policy. that is all fact. we were not fired, we left with notice. nothing gets me more angered, then when a driver or former employee stats how they feel about a company or what happen to them, and some corp dude gets on and automaticlly its thier fualt, thier lieing, they are just mad becuase they didnt get things thier way, or they are only telling half of it. well, sorry, thats not always the case. yes there are some drivers that are better off keeping thier mouth shut, but most out here, are retired bankers, lawyers, teachers, and so on. the industry better start taking a hard look at its practices, because the old days of craping on drivers is coming to a end and drivers new and old have had enough of it. most of us out here have higher educations and are smater then those of you behinde the desk but we choose to do this because its something new and we love to travel, not because were to stupid to do anything else. stop biting the hand that feeds YOU, and start seeing that we, not you, keep your trucks running. you can book all the loads you want, but if we say no and choose to sit, then those loads it mean nothing, and you made nothing, remeber that.

7. BJWilkins

BJWilkins Bobtail Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Springfield, MO
    dedicated runs dont usually pay stop pay , they are paid on a flat rate, and you only stayed with your truck 1 day while it was brokedown, than it seems you went on time off , seem to me you wanted them to pay for you to have time off . i havent ever worked for them , so i dont have an opinion about them , but I dont think they did you so wrong, been driving 12 yrs and have had my share of breakdowns , had to check with shops to make sure they know I'm still here waiting and they need to fix my truck .........to get my pain in the butt self out of their faces. If you had stayed close and checked on the truck daily you may have gotten more breakdown pay and paid back for a motel close to the truck.

harleynite Thanks this.
  8. BJWilkins

BJWilkins Bobtail Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Springfield, MO
    lol........love that saying (cant play with the big dogs when u pee like a puppy) lol. Those of us that pee like a puppy rule the big dogs , ha ha ha !!!!!!!!! thanks for the laugh .

9. ghostchild

ghostchild Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2009
    [​IMG]Hi, when I ran with Gainey...I made more money than I ever made in my life...why and or how?

Cause I ran...I did not complain...I had very few demands...I just ran...I ran like the devil...and I made lot's and lots of money...

They were like a renegade company with renegade dispatchers...but mine got fired...and another one quit..

I make money regardless of which company I'm with...why?...cause I run...when I'm out there I run...I tell them...'send me to the moon'...and they do...and I've always made big bucks...inspite of what other drivers tell me...I run and keep my mouth shut...
    It's a recipy that works...but if you go out there with all sorts of demands and gripes...your going to only make $300 a week....

10. DaveCrazy

DaveCrazy Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Blountsville, AL
    I made it almost a week, company's a joke, equipment is horrid (I got a NEW truck, 2007 with 600k miles), had to sit on all 3 loads a day (each) <for free>. Company runs heavy NE but won't pay for ezpass, everything comes out of pocket..and then you wait weeks to get paid..for tolls, for miles, for scales..expect to wait 2-3 weeks to get paid for what you do today. Company went bankrupt in DEC and was "purchased"..looks like a new coat of paint on an old barn. This company won't survive CSA 2010..there's no way.

11. sw18576

sw18576 Bobtail Member

Jun 18, 2009
    wyoming, mi
    It's been awhile since I've followed the thread (life gets busy), but because I actually read an email today, I thought I'd post a reply.

GTS Transportation (formerly Gainey), is one of the bigger trucking companies out there. And the company that bought them is a "professional" company that wants to make changes that work. When dealing with buyouts this size, change takes time. It never happens over night, and it's only been 6 months. But in the 6 months there have been significant changes within the company that is taking the company in the direction both drivers, owners, and office personel alike will want to go.

The CSA 2010 has been on the forefront of EVERYONE at GTS as well as any company. Being ready for it takes money. And a company this size takes a lot of it (not to mention the buyout, paying debts left behind still owed, etc...). They still have just signed a contract to purchase 50 brand new trucks, and many more to come, as they are ready to start rolling out their older trucks and replace them with new ones. And as far as CSA requirements, they are now going the extra mile to be ready, by putting new and responsible people in charge of maintaning the existing equipment.

Bottom line is... it's been 6 months since this major buyout? Give it some time and see where the new company goes... there have been changes. Change is good as long as it moves in the right direction.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.