Gainey update

Discussion in 'Superservice' started by allniter, Nov 15, 2008.

1. sw18576

sw18576 Bobtail Member

Jun 18, 2009
    wyoming, mi
    Yes there are some pro's and con's with GTS as well as every company. GTS does reimburse but you DO have to go through the proper documentation to get it. The reason for this falls squarely on past drivers. They do have decent pay for their drivers, but you have to work up to and for it. It all boils down to the better the driver you are (doing what it takes to stay rolling, following directions, and proper documentation), the better you will be taken care of. A big problem is a lot of new drivers want the perks of the experienced drivers without having to prove themselves. And then when they make mistakes and are expected to be responsible for them, they cry unfair. There are two sides to EVERY story. Ultimately, no company is perfect.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Crash935

Crash935 Medium Load Member

Sep 8, 2007
    Wyoming Mi
    SW18576,

so what exactly do you do at Gainey?

harleynite Thanks this.
  4. sw18576

sw18576 Bobtail Member

Jun 18, 2009
    wyoming, mi
    I have friends that work there.

5. Crash935

Sep 8, 2007
    Wyoming Mi

For just having friends that work there you sure do defend the company really well.

harleynite Thanks this.
  6. longbedGTs

longbedGTs Heavy Load Member

May 8, 2007
    Texas
    Ask them why the company hasnt invested in APUs...and why they continue to punish everyone over the EZ Pass deal(when the NE drivers put it in their cars). Also, ask why they dont pay dispatched empty miles when coming off hometime. Im about to drive 240 unpaid miles coming off hometime. Sucks for me right?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  7. sw18576

sw18576 Bobtail Member

Jun 18, 2009
    wyoming, mi
    Crash935,
    As I said, I know employees there, I work in the industry, and I know a LOT of Gainey drivers, both successful and not. I like to offer my insight just like everyone else. I'm not necessarily DEFENDING anyone, but I also don't blindly suscribe to people's ranting's and mud-slinging. Usually there are 2 sides to every story. I make my own opinions on everything based on what I feel is fact.

LongbedGTs,
    When I see them again, I'll ask for the potential reasons for this, if such conditions exist. If I were in your shoes, I would ask WHY I was driving 240 unpaid miles. Did you? What was their answer? You mention coming off of hometime... would this have anything to do with it? I'm not stating I know the answer, I'm just asking a question.

8. longbedGTs

longbedGTs Heavy Load Member

May 8, 2007
    Texas
    Yes, I asked. My DM stated "That is the policy". Empty miles are not paid only when coming off hometime.
    When going home, I do not expect for them to pay those miles, but when I am under dispatch, I expect to be paid accordingly.

9. sw18576

sw18576 Bobtail Member

Jun 18, 2009
    wyoming, mi
    Yeah, that's reasonable. I understand the whole philosophy of not being paid to get to and from work, but if you're under a dispatch you should get paid for driving.

10. Crash935

Sep 8, 2007
    Wyoming Mi
    They want you to run 240 miles for free becasue they cant find a load closer to you? They know where you live and OK'd the home time, if they cant get you closer p/u's and drops, thats their problem not yours! Its no wonder they have a high turnover rate.

OH, and SW before you try and defend them, Ive paid one of our O/O's fuel bill to run back to GR from Harrisburg PA (624 miles) because we promised him we would have him home for the weekend and our dispatcher couldnt find anything that would load in time to get him home.

11. sw18576

sw18576 Bobtail Member

Jun 18, 2009
    wyoming, mi
    Crash,
    As I've said, and keep saying... I'm not DEFENDING anyone. I origionally posted in regards to their chapter 11 filings because it was apparent people didn't know what their current status is. as far as having loads in time... we all know that loads are 100% customer driven. Sometimes our time frame doesnt always line up with what really happens. It sucks you felt the need to pay for the o/o fuel bill (I'm sure he appreciates it), but this is proving my point(s). In a perfect world all drivers would a load waiting for them all the time, taking them where they wanted to end up. In this economic climate, especially for a company under chapter 11 who has to work to get accounts back that they lost.

YungTrucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.