Gainey

Discussion in 'Superservice' started by puka09, Oct 11, 2006.

1. steelerfan67

steelerfan67 Light Load Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Lebanon, pa
    My husband and I worked for them 01-02 and never had any major problems, we had a great dispatcher. She always made sure we had good loads, and before you say it we are not the suck up kind of people but we dont let anyone push us around and we dont look for trouble. Before you ask the only reason we left was because my mother died and I wanted to be home for awhile.. We came off the road and my husband took a local job. We both work local now but if we ever considered the road again I would consider Gainey if we could get our old dispatcher back.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wide Awake In America

Wide Awake In America Bobtail Member

Oct 19, 2007
    Charleston, West Virginia

I was there in 2001 also. So,so then. went back in September, left in October. When the company I am with now sent a truck to get me I felt like a P.O.W. getting rescued. THEY GOT WORSE since 2001. Hanover is a good terminal. I was real happy with the people there. Gainey overall has some real good people working there. I think I know the D/M you are referring to and she is still there.

The bad stuff started when they sent me out for "Bench Training". I went into the truck with the attitude that he was the boss and I would remain teachable. The trainer had a militant mentality. When I got in the truck with him he was heading home so he drove. I was sure that he was going to kill someone. Abrupt lane changes, no turn signals, speeding etc. THEN, when I took the wheel he would bark at me for trivial things. I finally pointed out that he had some REALLY unsafe habits. He had the nerve to tell me that company policies did not apply to him! I found out later that he had a accident the year before in which a man went to the hospital in critical condition. You would have thought we were talking about the weather by his attitude. He said the cops faulted the man but I am sure that the trainer got away with one there.

He also had me stay in the truck in the projects while he went and got drunk. When I complained, he checked me into a Cracktel. When I pointed out that the area wasn't safe he called me a racist. All I wanted to do was stay in the truck at a truck stop. He said it was to far away (14 miles). Then when the company balked at paying the hotel bill he implied that I would have to pay for it. Obviously I balked. That a fraction of the bad experiences I had with that A-Hole. I realize that one employee does not a company make. PEOPLE LIKE HIM PERMEATE GAINEY. They treat their drivers like %^$& and act like it is a privilege to work for them. Like you have finally "arrived". You can trust me, as an experienced driver and a fairly honest person, that I was not "thinking to myself this could be heaven or this could be hell". IT WAS HELL.

To summarize. Anyone who considers Gainey can expect:

1.) A company with a 100 I.S.S. rating (100 is the worst you can get). Expect to be inspected regularly.

2.) Low pay.

3.) No Easy Pass.

4) Wait in line for a Pre Pass.

5.) DOT physical to be taken out of first 2 checks (even if you already a current one.)

6.) Tolls to be paid out of pocket and a potential battle trying to be reimbursed.

7.) Unsafe equipment.

8.) Short Miles

9.) Filthy Terminals (except Ft. Wayne). Alot of this falls on the drivers.

10) No smoking on Property (unless in truck).

Do I even have to go on?

4. Desoto 56

Desoto 56 Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Harriaman, TN
    Worked my ### off till I got enough miles for my sign up Bonus, Then out the door they sent me. With no sign up Bonus. Worse driving Job I've ever had.

5. CertainQuirk

CertainQuirk Bobtail Member

Apr 15, 2008
    I worked for North American Van Lines Blanket Wrap Division when Gainey purchased them in April/May of 2005. (Gainey Specialized Transport is what they called the blanket wrap division then). I left in July the same year. Long story... injured my back in Ohio. Suddenly no loads available for me. They never paid me all the money I was owed. Very slimey company.

6. Ken Worth

Ken Worth Medium Load Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Great Plains
    How can this be? The owners of this company donate to several Bible colleges. Is this just a few disgruntled people or what?

7. truckermario

truckermario Road Train Member

Sep 24, 2006
    And this isn't a warning sign to you?

8. Wide Awake In America

Wide Awake In America Bobtail Member

Oct 19, 2007
    Charleston, West Virginia
    I noticed that also. I still am amazed that he can act like some sort of Patron Saint when drivers get treated like they do there.

Am I disgruntled? Yep. Regardless, everything I have previously listed is fact.

Their terminals should have signs over them stating "Abandon All Hope All Ye Who Enter"!

Thank God for Janco, Ltd. I'll always be in their debt for rescuing me.:grin:

9. Desoto 56

Desoto 56 Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Harriaman, TN
    I worked my self to Death to Qualify for my sign up Bonus. Just after my first $500 payment they pulled me into the office. In front of two Suits. They said I did not deliver my Load. I said I turned in my paper work, It was my day off and I was at the Dentist. Then they asked me why I didn't deliver the next load they put me under the next day. And I asked them who in thier right mind would put a nother load on me when I wasnt thier to delivery the first load. I got fired on the spot. My DAC report took months the get them off. If I had the money I would have sued them. No miles-lowpay-lies. In all it was the worst place I have ever worked. This is the truth nothing but the TRUTH.

10. Ken Worth

Ken Worth Medium Load Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Great Plains
    No,seriously,I expected them to act a little better than the rest.

11. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007

Sometimes they are worse and hide behind it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.