Gainey

Discussion in 'Superservice' started by puka09, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Cerberus

Cerberus Medium Load Member

Jun 6, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    i work for gainey and i have had no major issues with them. they could be better but couldnt every company out there. i am pretty happy with them overall and my runs very from 700-900 miles each except for this past week since i am filling in for somebody who went on vacation and right now i am getting hourly pay for a couple more days. the toll roads are my biggest complain with them but i will drive another road unless they tell me to drive the toll.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. prisonerofthehwy

prisonerofthehwy <strong>Ball and Chains</strong>

Sep 30, 2007
    Somerset Kentucky
    Just curious, do you work for Gainey, or a Gainey owned Company.
    The reason I am asking, is because the main Super Service terminal is in Somerset. My ex's best friends' Dad works there, one of his daughters is the log lady, my ex step father in law worked there, when his RN licenses were revoked for self medicating. :biggrin_25523:
    I applied there, and they told me to come back on May 1st, but instead I started Ready Mix.:biggrin_255:

4. prisonerofthehwy

prisonerofthehwy <strong>Ball and Chains</strong>

Sep 30, 2007
    Somerset Kentucky
    Oh, and I forgot to add, ALLOT of the ready mix drivers have worked there at one time or the other, in there driving carreers.
    Most people I talk to didn't like it. Some loved it, such as my ex step father in law.

5. Weazz

Weazz Light Load Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Florida
    I worked on the LCT end of gainy 02/08 start date and they are a good company to start or have a bad record they will hire about anybody. If you cant get a job there you shouldnt be driving.

My solo hauls were pretty good i made as much as running as a team driver with. I think they dropped the pay to .28 i hear it was .30.

Only thing i can say is bad about them is good luck getting any other pay then your milage, go off route and they charge you for it and off route tolls, they have prepass and only had a lvl 1 in 6 mos there (ga) and passed. i also hear they will DAC you for anything from what i was told so you cant go anywhere else..i never had a problem with that.

They do keep the trucks in good shape and if u want a tri-pac you either be teaming or have some time in with them.

Good company to start plan on sitting or doing shag runs at 1st,they see you want to run and you can make the loads on time you'll do fine just dont belive anyone or trust other drivers most are noobs or have a reason why they are there.

6. dave99dave2003

dave99dave2003 Light Load Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Georgia
    Been here three weeks
    1st week 1700 miles
    2nd week 2700
    3rd 1700.
    No miles, my truck is a 05 but looks like a 1975. Not happy looking else where.
    I have to leave b4 I go bankrupt.
    I think JB might be better.
    Im sitting in Tifton Ga for 2 days waiting on a load. Come Friday I'm on hometime and I busy looking for diffrent placement.

7. srick773

srick773 Light Load Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Augusta, Georgia
    Dave99, Why did you leave Millis?

8. Wide Awake In America

Wide Awake In America Bobtail Member

Oct 19, 2007
    Charleston, West Virginia
    Was everything I previously posted about them true?

9. dave99dave2003

dave99dave2003 Light Load Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Georgia
    Let just say that Dan and I had a diffrence in opion. MIllis is a great company. I have several freinds still there and its a great place to work. A tad bit of NE states other than that a top notch company. In the four years there the worst week was still beter than any week with Gainey.

10. srick773

srick773 Light Load Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Augusta, Georgia
    Thanks Dave99. Had me worrying, I'm starting there on the 15th.

11. RR9501

RR9501 Light Load Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Chesapeake, VA
    well i was with superservice for 16 1/2months and i have many stories to share, however if given the chance i'd probably consider going back....and hope we have a better round 2...lol....my biggest complaint was the low miles and i begged for more or a better dispatcher and was denied!....but i never once had an issue getting reimbursed for tolls, lumpers, etc....i lso wish i could've seen the west coast...so if your looking to see the Whole country, pick another company, u wont get any further that Ft. Worth or Tulsa...i can also answer any questions you have about superservice...prisonerofthehwy, what would u like to know about them? r u still interested in them at all anymore, or r u sticking with Ready Mix?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.