galaxy 959

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by BOBSF350, Mar 9, 2007.

1. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    I've been using my spare for several months, an intermittent problem on transmit with the spare that I couldn't fix had me reinstalling the 959, it works really good and the stock meter is easily readable, wish I had done it sooner, I put on an old but usable Fire-stick 2 at the same time, it gets out fine and I'm not cross-channeling.

I have it set at 4 watts out, too.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Steve & Lo

Steve & Lo Medium Load Member

May 22, 2007
    Tennessee
    I had a single final Galaxy 93-T that was tuned by a friend of mine with nothing clipped that peaked out @ 92 watts on a bird.....

And my current dual final Galaxy 48-T which has the same final X 2 was put on the meter and is doing over 190 Watts.

But, peak watts is not the key, RMS watts is the key. Whatever you do, don't ever let anybody clip anything.....all it does is lead to problems.

A lot depends on the person setting the radio up. If you have someone that knows what they are doing and not just some radio hack.....they can squeeze some real power out of these radios.

Oh, his handle is Warlock, Midlothian, VA.....

4. Lonleyboy515

Lonleyboy515 Bobtail Member

Jun 5, 2007
    HAMILTON ON. CANADA
    I have an old Galaxy 99v 10 band it is a good radio. I would never part with it.It pushes 90 watts. Having good antennas & co axe & a good ground also help.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.