Galaxy DX 55F

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by cheiden, Feb 19, 2020.

1. cheiden

cheiden Bobtail Member

Feb 19, 2020
    Has anyone had any experience with a Galaxy DX 55F? I recently had my cobra go bad and will be looking for a new radio however the overhead dash can only fit a cobra 29 chassis but would like to upgrade radios so my options are kinda limited. Is there any other radio with that may fit that would also be worth looking into? Also where is a good place to buy a radio online that has been converted but not hacked up by a "peak and tune"? I think a bad peak and tune is what caused my old radio to go bad. Thanks for the help.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Anytone 6666 is a small am/fm/ssb radio..stryker has the 447hpc2 am/fm no ssb....Both are 60ish watts peak and are smaller than a 29,closer to a 25....Galaxy makes a few along the same lines..
    If you wanna do budget grab a refurbisged or new 29 but dont buy the ones with the bluetooth,radar detection,lazer guided,street light switch,wifi blah blah bs....lol..

Keep in mind that radios in cubby hole dont get good air flow for cooling and heat will kill a radio..

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.