Galaxy DX939

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by greenskyy87, Apr 27, 2008.

1. wolverine11

wolverine11 Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2015
    I will find a spot in the parking lot where there are no other trucks around so I can mess with the cb but eventually a truck will park right next to me and the static level will jump up to 7 to 9 lbs, so much for radio time. I guess its caused by inverters,e-logs,tv's,dash cams and any other electronic device that is hooked up.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    YOU guys really don't know what's coming?

Better save your older radios because there are a rash of new ones sitting in the pipeline that don't use conventional circuits but are going to three or two chip rf systems. We've seen these already in ham radios like the chinese imports where there are two chips and some front end circuity, everything is software driven, but not like an SDR but more or less software commanded radio.

AND if you want to modify them, you won't be able to, period.

wolverine11 Thanks this.
  4. volvo244t

volvo244t Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Bettendorf, IA
    Why do you think I've amassed a collection of old radios with no intention of stopping?

5. Gadfly

Gadfly Medium Load Member

Aug 18, 2006
    So that the higher powered CB radios can ADD to what is already there! Which is what would happen, and it ISN'T going to happen. More and more and more and more power will NOT help the situation. That's because NOW, those radios are going to be interfering with the OTHER electronics, and THEIR users would then complain. ............................And want more of whatever it is they have now.
    A never-ending cycle. As technology increases, (such as the nightmare of BPL), CB will be left behind as an anocronism replaced by cellphones, texting, email, and E messages. It has been left behind as a "toy", it is regarded as such, and will never be 'upgraded'. It is, after all, NOT *supposed* to be a hobby; that is what amateur radio was for.

None of this is meant in an ugly way. it is just the way it is, and also why there will never be "legal" amplifiers for CB.

GF

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.