Garbage Hauling

Discussion in 'Waste Removal and Garbage Truck Driver Forum' started by NewHauler, Jul 19, 2007.

1. tobiasrook

tobiasrook Light Load Member

Jan 5, 2013
    Walking floors tend to be unloaded faster due to them not having to wait in line for the tipper ...maybe allowing a 1-2 load per week difference...I haul garabge for a local company and see long haul truckers waiting to get in then waiting for the tipper....At time 3-5 hours total just to get back on the road......alot of Spanish drivers

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tobiasrook

tobiasrook Light Load Member

Jan 5, 2013
    I would contact the landfill personally and see if they contract

4. christofar

christofar Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2013
    how did this work out for you? did you get the business up and running? I am considering something similar between NJ and PA..

5. christofar

christofar Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2013
    how did this work out for you? did you ever start hauling trash? I'm interested in doing the same thing...I'm located in Central PA...near State College...would you have any advise?

6. hss

hss Bobtail Member

get yourself a good front load truck with an auto transmisson. full eject, not tip to dump. some 6yard containers.
    a good heavy duty single axle roll off and a few 20-25 yard containers. if you go for a tandem you can get larger roll off containers.

new price for roll off 20-25 yard containers are about 4500-5000 each. the 6yard front load containers approx 1200 each.
    charge rental for the bin and your tipping fees, plus your mileage and landfill fees.
    been doing this for about 20 years. 5 years employed and 15 years working my own hauling business.
    good luck.

7. bubbgs1

bubbgs1 Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Sevierville, TN
    Been driving one for 18 yrs.Walking floor trailers are a lot harder to keep clean on the inside.We use Steco trailers with a long cylinder n a packer panel to push it out the back.

8. ringer_byrne

ringer_byrne Bobtail Member

Feb 14, 2014
    Hello, looking for more info on hauling municipal waste out New Jersey, any and all thoughts are welcomed. Feel free to PM - Email - Call. RingerTransportation@iCloud.com 973-229-5752 - Mike

9. Raul Rodriguez

Raul Rodriguez Bobtail Member

Jul 19, 2015

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.