1. spindrift

spindrift Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    I've been looking for the Dezl in truck stops but haven't had any luck. What are the significant difference(s) between the 770 LMT AND THE 770 Dezl LMTHD? You can get a fairly good deal on the 770 LMT at Love's right now.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    The new ones were supposed to be able to update through Wi-Fi but I don't see that feature. Very little difference. Just sold my neighbor with Schneider My 770.

I must be drunk. The new 780 DOES have Wi-Fi and lifetime map updates. It also has the ability to use a Garmin back up camera. I'm going to rest now.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    Metallica88, austinmike and spindrift Thank this.
  4. spindrift

spindrift Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    I believe the Dezl has lifetime updates as well.

5. Justrucking2

Justrucking2 Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    Just back up the routing with Google Maps.

6. Trucking in Tennessee

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    That's what I like about Garmin. You can slave it to your phone for weather and traffic. I was running Waze and my Nuvi in the car. Just backed it up. They are sure it the same. Different routes by each.

7. Justrucking2

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    I use the Garmin DZL, but when routing I like to refer to Google Maps. Granted, Google does not show truck routes, but with some commonsense both can be used in conjunction to shave miles. The other thing about Google, go to satellite and you can see how to get in and out of a shipper or consignee’s establishment. Follow the tire marks on the pavement. ;-)

8. Trucking in Tennessee

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    I made a huge rookie mistake by not looking. Garmin told me to take 79 in Kentucky to Bowling Green then get on 65N. Its about 25 miles of 2 lane and divided 4 lane with lights. I could have jumped right on 24W and then taken the parkway to Elizabethtown, then to Louisville and missed the construction. All interstate. I should have looked.

Justrucking2 Thanks this.
  9. Justrucking2

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    Yep, been there and done that.

peterd and Trucking in Tennessee Thank this.
  10. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Yes. The Garmins have a lot of those little quirky things that will cause it to route stupid based on faulty data. When using it to a new address or POI, always check the route overview highlighted route and look for anything that doesn't look right.

But I've not used a RM in more than 6 years but I suspect they probably have fewer "quirks" then the Garmins but I still like my Garmin but only because I've learned to live with all it's idiosyncrasies and moods.

11. Trucking in Tennessee

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    I got fooled because so many trucks use that road. Figured it was the best route. That parkway never has traffic. Lesson learned.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.