1. HD_Renegade

HD_Renegade Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2010
    North Carolina
    You can change fields on the trip data boxes to give most of that info.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Since the Garmin 780 model is Android based, is there any way to load Keep Truckin app on it pair it with ELD box and use it like that?

4. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    New update is STILL not ready. Sorry.

5. HD_Renegade

Dec 20, 2010
    North Carolina
    I got the 6.6gig update for my 780 2 days ago.

6. Trucking in Tennessee

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    I'll call. I'm supposed to be on a notification deal where they tell me the map update is finally correct.

7. HD_Renegade

Dec 20, 2010
    North Carolina
    Yes I got the email it was ready to go so I DL it. Just finishing a 34 so not sure of how good the update is yet.

Trucking in Tennessee Thanks this.
  8. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    I bought that Garmin DEZL 580....returned the very next day in a hurry. I paid for that thing over $320 with the sales tax. It is an overpriced piece of .... whatever - with poor graphics, not enough display data fields as you go (without constant fingering it), and counter intuitive interface. I hoped that it would replace my obsolete Cobra GPS, but I put it back into commission and even said "sorry" to it for trying to replace it with that Garmin little brick. If those 780 - 785 are like the "580" but only "bigger screens" I can't understand why their price is ridiculously high and I am not a "cheapo" kind of guy. I am trying to be "soft" with my word selection too as not to offend those who bought it. I would pay no more than $50 for the big Garmin screens. For that "580" I'd pay no more than $20, if offered on EBay or wherever. Even if I bought it, I'd still keep it in a drawer for as long as the Cobra (for which I paid $150 5 years ago) is still alive.

I did install the SmartTruckRoute2 Navigation app $59 per year subscription, after reading some good opinions about it on this forum and my initial reaction is very positive. That app in conjunction with the "old - no more supported" Cobra on my Windshield is all I need.

9. Trucking in Tennessee

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Confirmed. I was pretty mad about not being informed as many corrections as I have called in. I'll test in Atlanta soon

HD_Renegade Thanks this.
  10. Trucking in Tennessee

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    It's actually pathetic. I have a $99 Garmin in my car. It took me right to my new work address. Coming home in the truck, my 780 tried to get me to turn down several streets that would have never gotten me back, because only one road leads to the warehouse. It's a dead end. Unbelievable.

11. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    The new Garmin routing engine is just stupid. For example, you can't get to either of the 2 truck stops in S Beloit, IL (on opposite sides of the street) without it wanting to take you well past, then circle around and come back toward them. I see this a lot now with the new engine and it's ridiculous, but I understand and expect it's stupid behavior, and have learned to consider it's little quirks "charming".

Honestly, some of this ridiculous behavior I don't think is related to "truck mode". It's just stupid, regardless. It's cross-country routing is okay for the most part, it's the "last mile routing" where it falls on it's face.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    Trucking in Tennessee Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.