Garmin Problem

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Bumper, May 26, 2020.

1. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    My Garmin 760 has stopped advising me of upcoming scale houses. State border crossings are still working.

Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    You may need to do a full factory reset. You will lose saved locations. It is just like starting with a new unit.

dezl series and dezlCam:
    Note: A master reset will erase all favorites1 and will restore your device to the default factory settings. If you would like to back up your favorites to your computer, see related content. Note that a master reset will also delete vehicle profiles and IFTA logging data. (Although the driver profiles for Hours of Service should remain intact with all HOS data, it is recommended to backup the data before a master reset. To open the HOS log on the computer in order to backup the data, see related content.

To perform a master reset on a dezl and dezlCam:

1. Start with the device turned off and unplugged from power
      • On the dezl 570, 760, and 770: to verify the device is powered off and not in standby mode, press and hold down the power button until prompted to turn off the device
    2. Power on the device
    3. When the first copyright screen appears press and hold the lower right hand corner of the display portion of the touchscreen
    4. Remove your finger from the touchscreen when "Erase all user data?" appears
    5. Touch Yes
      • If text language is not in English, this is the button on the right
    Another option to perform a master reset for these devices:

1. Touch View Map
    2. Touch the Speed icon
    3. Touch and hold the speedometer for approximately 5 seconds
    4. Release your touch when the Diagnostics Page displays
    5. Touch Clear all user data
    6. Touch Yes when prompted to "Erase all user data?"
    The device will now be reset. Follow the on-screen prompts then place the device in an area with a clear view of the sky until it acquires satellites.

1Although the master reset will erase all saved favorites, any loaded custom points of interest will remain intact on the device.

Bumper Thanks this.
  4. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Well I did it. See if it works tomorrow.

5. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Nope. Still not there.

6. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Garmin says the truck data base is missing from my device. So i have to reset it again and then reinstall the map database. Have to wait until i can attach it to my laptop.

7. supertrucker79

supertrucker79 Light Load Member

Feb 4, 2019
    Pittsburgh, PA
    You’ll also want to check settings under driver audible alerts and pick what you want an alert for. This makes and audible noise. Even if you have nothing checked, you still get visual alerts in the top right.

Bumper Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.