Garmin... update

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by WesternPlains, Sep 21, 2021.

1. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I'm updating my Garmin 770 dezl right now. I know it isn't the newest. I've been running for 6 months without an update. I've had it get goofy on me. I've been running the entire country. Even went to Long Island through NYC. Only states I haven't run are Maine and Rhode Island.
    So anyways... It pops up this time and says. You have a memory card installed. Yes I did that at a time I thought maybe it needed the memory to work better. .... So it says.... I'm gonna install entire USA using that card. Also going to put some critical operation files on it. You cannot remove that card and expect the garmin to work.
    All I could think is... This is interesting. Garmin finally giving me all I need to operate good? I did put in a pretty big, high quality memory card. So lets see how it works. I'll keep posting here to let people know.
    This does cause me to wonder. Do the newer dezl's have more memory bult in? Better build in the chips, etc? Might it be worth getting a new one? I"ve had my eye on that one with the built in camera.
    BTW: When I put in that card. I had gotten into this Garmin pretty deep. You'd be surprised if you look into it. Just how much it does and records. It will give you the info for fuel tax in the different states. How much you actually ran those states. All kinds of good info.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I’d say my Garmin is at its limit. It goofs up bad now and then. Today, while on a route. It rerouted me to add 300 miles. No thanks. Redid it. Other day it couldn’t come up with the exit in Denver. Just said take exit now.
    I’m wondering if a newer Garmin might handle things better? Have they upgraded the hardware?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted