The housing mess was not brought on by brokers. It was brought on by the fact that there were many markets in the US that had significantly lower housing prices than their neighboring markets. For example....... in 2000 a starter home built by Lennox in Bakersfield cost $125,000, yet that same exact home, built by the same builder, cost $325,000 in Los Angeles which is only 100 miles away........ housing prices went up in these "cheap" markets and then the low interest rates kicked in and mortgage lenders got greedy........ it became a mess, no doubt....... but things like that happen when you try to maintain a free market economy........ maybe you would prefer the government decided how much houses should sell for?
Protest what?
Inflation?
The stupidity of people to sign for loans they couldn't afford?
??
Buyers didn't get rich unless they were investors who got lucky (or read the market well) and happened to turn over a few properties during the "window."
Why on earth would you think the average buyer was getting rich....... in reality they were buying houses that they could not afford because they panicked......... that is not a fast road to wealth.........
For what????
This is a free market economy....... people have the right to make their own financial decisions........
If you want to see a disaster......... just watch what happens now that the government has decided it should "step in" and try to "help" with the mortgage mess............
Good Luck
- Lower and middle class will stay lower and middle class......
- Come to California, I use mid-grade and it is over $4.00 here... (cheapest crappy gas is $3.90 I think)......
- Look at the gas prices in Europe...... we have always followed suit and we will get to where they are soon enough.........
- So according to your "logic", gas prices go up and everyone quits their jobs? Yeah.
So....... according to you, USA Truck has put a freeze on hiring due to the rise in gasoline prices?
(You might want to let all the guys heading their way in the next few weeks know this important fact........)
"Starting" to suffer?
Where to start...............
Open MORE refineries, MORE oil?........ why?..... so we can crash from an even higher level someday?........
I am far from a tree hugger but has it crossed your mind that maybe we need to STOP using so much oil?
I am not going into the save our planet speech.... but everyone knows about trip-linking, carpooling, hybrid cars and all the other ways individuals can lessen their dependence on oil.........
Do you know that they already have Hybrid Big Trucks????
http://www.hybridsemitruck.com/
and courtesy of Ike:
http://www.greencarcongress.com/2007...ilt_eaton.html
People need to make CHANGES instead of complaining! It is what it is...........
Personification at its best............
Huh?
I think you mean the government is getting more taxes? But then you imply that the government "likes" paying higher government salaries? Lost here........... I will just take this one as complaining about taxes......
Soap Boxes are fine in my book..........
As long as everyone gets one.....![]()
Gas Prices & Jobs
Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by BigDaddyJollyRob, May 11, 2008.
Page 2 of 3
-
-
Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds
Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.
-
I already have the job thats the furthest away. Great pay but once they start taking out for benefits they pay is just ok. Plus losing the gas money.
Neither job is a dream job. The closest would be if it paid benefits and had a nice package but, It doesn't. I would love to be a tank yanker and you need a minimum of 1 yr at some places 2 or more for most others. My brother in laws company is union,around the corner and he gets paid very well. But, you need 2 yrs experience for insurance reasons.
As of right now that other job was filled. Thanks
My current job I would only plan on being there a year. I'm out of shape,getting older and dont want back problems. I already tweaked my shoulder & elbow I hope it heals quickly. If I had to I could manage 2 yrs (I'll let you know after the busy summer season if I'd give it another year) -
If gas is an issue move close to your job.
My experiance. I could get paid good money and have a high cost of living or I could move to a place were life was more peaceful and enjoyable and make 1/2 the money. I choose to make 1/2 the money and it was the best move I could make.
-
That sounds great, youngest has 2 yrs left of High School. I wouldnt move closer to that job but I know some I would
Thanks
-
Hit my reputation button then.
Thanks glad that info was helpful.BigDaddyJollyRob Thanks this. -
Gas prices put my wife out of a job. I ran the math, told her quit....or move. Her choice, but I wouldn't move with her.
Hell, after all things were considered. She brought about $15 into the household per week. And put a months wear on the car in a week.
Wasn't worth it. -
Next it may put truck drivers outa work in a big way. This is what I'm concerned about?
-
Thankfully, I'm debt free. I can get by on a McJob. If they still have any LOL
-
Way to go!!!
I think there is another poster here who has a signature that says something like the biggest stress reliever in the world is to live below your means.
I can't think of a single thing more important in life (after relationships) than the choices you make with your money.
EVERYONE can live below their means............. yes, EVERYONE.
If you disagree you are being an idiot.......... if you make $30,000 a year do you not think you can find thousands of families that live on $25,000 a year.......... and then $20,000....... and it keeps going down...... yes, you can..... people just want to own every freakin thing in the world.
Not that anyone asked but do you want to live below your means?
Number ONE: DO NOT PAY INTEREST! Do not use credit cards. Do not buy cars you cannot pay cash for. Interest is the single most destructive, poverty inducing expense in existence! If you can't afford it do not buy it. Don't complain ......... if you can't buy diapers and formula you should not have had a baby...... give it to someone who can afford it.
(I bet I just made some enemies
) There is almost nothing in this world that is so important that you need to pay the retail price and then stack interest on top of............
(I will concede on the house payment...... but you need to pay that sucker off in double/triple time.... and again, no complaining...... I live in California and I don't think too many people pay more of a percentage of their income for a house than we do)
Number Two: Pay savings/retirement first so you never see the money. Have direct deposit and make sure you never see your savings or retirement money........ can't spend what is not in your account.
Number Three: Live at the level you can afford. Make $300,000 a year? Drive a BMW or Hummer and go on vacations and gamble. Make $50,000 a year? Drive a used Toyota, go on picnics (at the beach if it is close) and have family BBQ's...... do not gamble and make your own #### latte's at home! Stop trying to keep up with people who make more money than you do........ it is sheer lunacy!
Number Four: Get good at tax law. The best way to make "more" money is to pay less taxes... legally. If you are already good at this then it won't help, but if you pay more than 5% federal taxes then you need to start reading and making better plans/choices.
Someone else want the soapbox now?
BigDaddyJollyRob Thanks this. -
What are you doing in Kingman, AZ? Are the wages that good?
My dad lives in Prescott. I most certianly DON'T make enough money to live in either of you guys neck of the woods LOL
Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds
Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.
Page 2 of 3





