Gas shortage this summer?

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Dennixx, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Dynames

Dynames Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2016
    Here, There and Yonder
    What is your average guy making a year?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    Just a guess but 105 to 110 average

4. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Rates on gas hauling suck so bad a few less drivers ain’t gonna matter.......

5. Dennixx

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    I don't believe that to be true.
    Don't know what rates are these days but Wayne across the road from us has a yard full of new Pete's and brand new trailers and seem busy and they are around 90K.
    Don't think it would be a concern let alone make the headlines if it was just a few..

Same w the airline industry. They laid off pilots and flight staff and as of right now, if you want a pilot career, the airlines will train you straight off the street to fly a commercial airliner.

snowman1980 and Rocks Thank this.
  6. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    I do know what the rates are in the northeast....... and all they do is go down every time they come up to bid...

some local dirt haulers are making more then the gas haulers .

Why do you think all the major oil companies have dumped their private fleets...... because they get get common carriers to haul it for next to nothing

everyone’s gallons are down that’s a growth sector right there......

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
    Dale thompson Thanks this.
  7. Dennixx

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    I'm in the midwest and here they still pull their own products, Holiday , Kwik Trip ,Casey's and Speedway. My company still pulls it's own products also. We will contract out when demand requires. It's not what a company makes but what a driver earns...no drivers and the rate won't matter.

8. '88K100

'88K100 Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2020
    Not surprised. I know of carrier in Toronto cant get drivers so of course they’ll be lowering the bar....does not help that their wage is 30% less than competitors. Dont get all warm and fuzzy when you see those Red fuel haulers careening through TO,,,rubber flip flops and all

9. HiramKingWilliams

HiramKingWilliams Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2019
    State of Jefferson
    Worked out good for me. I’m not even a year outta CDL school and am making $2k/week hauling fuel. I am very grateful and thank God for it.

scott180, Rocks and tscottme Thank this.
  10. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Since it was always being sold to China anyway, no lose. Zero barrels of oil was going to the U.S. from Keystone. 100% of that oil was destined for China and other Asian countries. For that, U.S. got the bill for any cleanup, which the managing company has already proven will happen by past performance.

Trucker61016 Thanks this.
  11. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    Shop around after your year is up, you might be able to increase that.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.