Gasoline

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Boriqua, Jul 6, 2017.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I helped run a gas station for three years when my OTR ticket loading was too high. We sourced our gas from Baltimore under a certain brand. Same stuff signed for every drop every 30 hours or so when they show up with 6800 or 8000 gallons depending on season and need.

Gas station profited about 7 to 11 cents per gallon per day at most depending on who bought what. And how they paid.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

I remember seeing a price breakdown when gasoline was around $4 gallon. The credit card companies, if you paid by plastic, were typically making more money on convenience store gasoline than the convenience store owner/operator. Credit card charged the store a fee plus % on the sale, while the store just received a flat pennies per gallon.

When I worked at airports, the airlines would buy bulk fuel, ship it to the tank farms, and pay us the tank farm operator and company refueling their aircraft a few cents per gallon.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  4. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I was back out just in time to see and hear the 1.98 desiel war, that was a long time ago.

5. Cali kid

Cali kid Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    It's blended at the rack these days.

6. Cali kid

Cali kid Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    Arco got a load of the good stuff that day lol.
    ;)

7. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    I don't use Arco period. My gas is mostly 99% Costco

8. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Arkansas is in a powerful position when it comes to gasoline, and all other fuels. We have 5 pipelines from the Hammond, Houston areas where we get just about all of it. North Little Rock is where they come together for the most part.

Katrina came through one year knocking 4 of 5 lines down for a while but we maintained gasoline stocks at around 2.40 in our stations. And we were back up before too long.

9. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    If you look Costco is ARCO or what was ARCO. I know Costco and Arco made a deal together back in the 90's. That's So Cal anyway.

Diesel Dave Thanks this.
  10. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    Say it ain't so!!!!!! Are you saying Costco gasoline is "Arco" brand ?

11. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    Yeah it was back in the 90's. They might have sold to another by now but I still think their ARCO or whatever that company that bought out BP/ARCO.

Diesel Dave Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.