Gator's Prime Experience

Discussion in 'Prime' started by gatorbaiter, Jul 18, 2011.

1. harleysmith64

harleysmith64 Light Load Member

Dec 5, 2010
    gator, that's a awesome looking truck, congrats, sounds like a good start.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. U2Exit

U2Exit Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2008
    WA and VA
    That the thing.... If they have them.

Its like winning the lottery. There isnt a waiting list. Its first come first serve if there is one.

They only have "used" ones if a truck gets turned in with one on it and the driver didnt take it with him to his new truck... or lug it home if he quit:biggrin_25510:

4. gatorbaiter

gatorbaiter Medium Load Member

Jun 23, 2011
    3rd Rock
    yea i felt lucky to get it. got to tell ya i was surrprised by the mattress. The used trucks had new ones. my new truck had the upper bunk one. I heard of a guy use that one until he got a codriver. I asked the lady at detail about a mattress and she was like there included go around back and get one from the guy. I am sure I'll get charged for it at turn in but nice not to have to front it

5. gatorbaiter

Jun 23, 2011
    3rd Rock
    da 1 yep that was total. ord was saying walmart has a dorm fridge that would fit? not sure if he got one yet. iff so they are about the same or cheaper than the 12 coolers of same size.

looking forward to crock pot and microwave but I'll eat cold for now and save a buck

6. da1

da1 Road Train Member

Jun 30, 2011
    SC
    if you are referring to the one we looked at it wouldnt fit thats why i asked if anyone knew about taking pieces off the fridge section to make it bigger ive been told it can be done im not into paying that much for a new fridge at prime and like u2 you have to be extremely lucky to get a used one...ill see wha happens

7. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    The smallest dorm fridges won't fit into a Cascadia slot for ye ol' fridge - I think the Black and Decker is the small one at Walmart or Lowes, etc. I checked out RV outlets when I got my truck... even more expensive than at Prime, and the one Freightliner sells is around $500. GRRR!

Gator... as long as you get your matresses when you check the truck out, it comes gratis. Once you've accepted that first load, then you have to pay for it - and it will be on the next settlement.

8. da1

da1 Road Train Member

Jun 30, 2011
    SC
    thanks for the reference IP guess ill have to pay the price if i want a fridge...probably do a cooler for a while

9. Testtruck

Testtruck Bobtail Member

Sep 28, 2011
    GB..Nice looking truck!!!! enjoy it....

10. Seebs

Seebs Medium Load Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Ohio
    Might want to consider replacing the stock mattress. That thing is not comfortable at all.

11. gatorbaiter

Jun 23, 2011
    3rd Rock
    I'm liking mine. When I get by the house I have a gel/memfoam topper for it that will make it sweet.

Yesterday got a load of juice. When it first came in I was like Crud welfare juice. But when you pu in jersey and deliver to mass it pays pretty well.

Just got loaded on a short run of onions. It is also good per mile Delivers early in the am so it makes a good start to the week.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.