Gator's Prime Experience

Discussion in 'Prime' started by gatorbaiter, Jul 18, 2011.

1. silenteagle

silenteagle Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Ozark, MO
    I am glad to have spent a few hours with Gator last week. I got to see his awesome new truck, and a little jealousy showed up. Can't wait for the 30K to be done. After spending lunch with this fine Gentleman, I can tell all of you that it was a privelege to have talked to him and to have broken bread as well. I say this now because after reading back a little bit, GB got a lot of flack about considering being a trainer. Having been a professional instructor for the Army I can tell you that not everyone has to spend 30 years driving to develop a training plan as a TNT instructor, and GB certainly can do that. I also know that he won't jump in unless he is confident he can perform exemplarly as a TNT trainer. Keep on truckin'

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    I'm he sure is and can and will be.

No insult intended, but it helps to have a little REAL experience doing what you are teaching. Do you really want to be taught how to drive an 18-wheeler in winter conditions by someone who has never run the roads in the winter, for example?

DenaliDad Thanks this.
  4. Highway101

Highway101 Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2011
    Fallon, Nevada
    If ever in Cleveland and you cant find a place to park. Jump on the turnpike, head to the StreetsBoro Exit (187 I think) there is a Walmart in StreetsBoro you can park at, even though it says not to, there is also Truck parking behind the McDonalds.

5. OpenRoadDreamer

OpenRoadDreamer Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Alabama
    Sounds good gator! Happy its working good for ya

6. gatorbaiter

gatorbaiter Medium Load Member

Jun 23, 2011
    3rd Rock
    Well proper planning prevents poor performance unless some super truck almost kills you.

Last night I got an onion load from railex in NY to green giant plant in NY. Short quick run. Saw there was weather comming so I went early to the 01 planning to beat the worst of it. It worked. As I was hooking up to the load it started to snow but it was light and fluffy and melting quick. but conditions were getting worse. Headed down I87 and it was snowing and blowing pretty well. It was still wet but I ran at 45 just to be on top of it. It let up but was still blowing pretty good but I went up to 55 as the temp had gone up 5 degrees. then a container yanker (had a tank on a container frame) passes me cuts be off then locks up trying to get into the service plaza. Even with the lockup he starts to jacknife. I got a guy next to me. He recovered while I was braking trying not to brake too hard and put myself in the same situation but not wanting to hit him either. Well no collision but I need to do landry really bad.

In the end I go to the 90 5 hours early and slept well.

7. gatorbaiter

gatorbaiter Medium Load Member

Jun 23, 2011
    3rd Rock
    I have been holding off on a CB until I could get the one I wanted. Not that I want a fancy one but my instructor and trainer had "Classics" and the light at night was really bright so I wanted one I could dim and they are considerably more. With the weather last night i decided I would get the classic or maybe a cheaper one if it had weather. Well Cobra has a new LCD model and Pilot had it on for 129.00. MOre than the classic but cheaper than the nightwatch since I had it in the budget I went for it.

I really like it. It has clock and alarm.

harleysmith64 Thanks this.
  8. GSWx

GSWx <strong>Doc In The Box</strong>

Aug 13, 2011
    Coastal Alabama.
    Glad you were able to avoid an accident. Now, go do that laundry.

9. DragonTamerBrat

DragonTamerBrat Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2011
    I'm glad you are ok, Gator.

Mudrunner Thanks this.
  10. OpenRoadDreamer

OpenRoadDreamer Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Alabama
    Your just not having luck with other motorists in bad weather. I just bought the same CB lol

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  11. robjr

robjr Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2011
    goose creek sc
    Its about time I see a gators fan on here

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.