Gazelle

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Haystak88, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Haystak88

Haystak88 Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2012
    FL
    Is Gazelle still around? I tried calling one of their yards and the phone was forwarded to corporate, and got a generic voicemail.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    They pulled out of Texas several years ago. Maybe they're still running in California.

4. kelgar50

kelgar50 Medium Load Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Bakersfield,CA
    They are still going in California,see them all the time.

5. Thore

Thore Bobtail Member

Dec 9, 2014
    KC
    Gazelle use to run here in Colorado. Had a pretty descent outfit going from what buddy of mine was saying . Enjoyed working for them. Lost a big contract and that was it when the oil tanked couple yrs ago and that was it. Took most of there equipment back to Cali and rest was sold at auction

6. Rodeorowdy

Rodeorowdy Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2013
    Anchorage, AK.
    Three years ago, 2015, they had so many ads posted in the Eagle Ford Texas, Colorado and Wyoming. Almost applied with them but I got advised by two people not to.

I called two of the yards in central California and was able to talk to the managers who told me their drivers only average about $21-$20 an hour. What!? That is "crap wages", especially hauling crude.

It's the laws of supply and demand: too many drivers depresses the wages, especially ones that work for beans.

7. Haystak88

Haystak88 Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2012
    FL
    I also called and spoke with managers as recruiters just lie and was told the same thing.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.