Gemini Transport / Love's

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Haystak88, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Haystak88

Haystak88 Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2012
    FL
    Anyone have any experience hauling crude for Gemini? I did a quick search of previous posts (on my phone) and didn't really learn much. I see they are having a major push in CO and OK. I called and spoke with a recruiter and also spoke with a regional manager, and both made it sound ok. We all know they will tell you whatever to come on board, but I definitely like a lot of what I heard. Of course the pay isn't great, but sounds good enough to be tempting. Just looking for some insight from someone who works there, or knows someone who does. Thanks.

-Stak

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bbq247365

bbq247365 Light Load Member

Oct 19, 2012
    Who are they hauling for? How long are the contracts? How many days on and off? Nights or days?

Curious what the market is like in other places of the patch...

4. Haystak88

Aug 16, 2012
    FL
    I have no idea the answers to those questions, other than the schedules and shifts. They offer either a 5/2 or 6/1 schedule. I was told it depends on what location you end up as some locations have more of a need on either shift, depending on the preferences of drivers already there. That told me to prepare to be on night shift. They do offer a weekly minimum, which is nice. If you work a 5/2 it is $1,125 and if you work a 6/1, I believe they said it is $1,325. I will learn more as time goes on as I accepted the position and will start in a few weeks.

5. bbq247365

bbq247365 Light Load Member

Oct 19, 2012
    Congratulations on the job. Best of luck with oil hauling. It's a very solid and easy career in the oil field niche of Trucking. Hopefully you'll have a good trainer.

6. Haystak88

Aug 16, 2012
    FL
    Thanks for the kind words. I actually have over five years oilfield hauling experience though, so once I learn their paperwork I will hopefully be cut loose.

bbq247365 Thanks this.
  7. Thore

Thore Bobtail Member

Dec 9, 2014
    KC
    Gemini in Colorado is hauling for Wiepking. There leases are around Limon Colorado and being delivered to a terminal in northern Colorado known as Pawnee Crude Terminal. There turning 2 loads a day and sleeping in there trucks. These rds out here are horrible. Top speed is 20 mph. Lots of rollovers and accidents already and it's not even winter yet. Giving you a heads up, I would stay away from Gemini. Have had 3 friends work for them on the crude side with nothing positive to say.

8. Thore

Thore Bobtail Member

Dec 9, 2014
    KC
    I know this because I'm at Pawnee right now

bbq247365 Thanks this.
  9. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    OK the only area of gemini that's ok is the refined or fuel side. Crude is crazy, and ask yourself one question. Why would a job that offers a decent weekly guarantee be hiring? It's because they can't keep anyone.

They will constantly change your schedule without asking you if you could work it. They don't pay shop time. Witch you will be there often with there junk equipment. They will think of what ever reason to not pay one his min pay. The RM's get a bonus for screwing drivers out of there bonuses, as it saves the company money. So dont expect that often.

The good old boys system goes up through the ranks. So if you have a issue with a Truck supervisor or regional manager. Don't expect to call above them to get things handled. A driver just got revenged fired for doing that. Some of the lower lever managers are related to upper management. Or are good buddies and that's how they got the job in the first place.

They always hire when there busy. But when it gets slow they talk to ppl anykind of way. And write ppl up for complete b/s. These are some of the tactics that are use to try to force guys to leave when it's slow. They say you can only run the toll roads from 7am-9am and 4-6pm unless it's oaklahoma tolls. Because the company needs to save money.

They have drivers from TX training new drivers in OK now. A guy I know did it for the money so he could leave the company. When they can't hire drivers in other areas of the company. You will be forced to get trained and do the job.

Gemini jumped into the crude arena because other companies were making big money in it. At that time they were hiring guys straight out of school. A lot of these drivers were running into other trucks from falling asleep. Drivers were flipping a lot of trucks also. So now it's all about safety.

It was better when the original ppl were at the hq in okc. But upper mgt change so much stuff around. Ppl quit and got fired in dispatch. So now there are alot of ppl in place that have never dispatched before.

It is a complete circus in crude, I'm not sure of who you talked to or where at. But think long and hard about it.

Mooseontheloose and Rodeorowdy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.