GEN TRANS FLT code... what is mean

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by milad, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Mad_Season

Mad_Season Bobtail Member

Dec 6, 2019
    hey sir did you found out what was the issue? i have the same problem the mechanic replaced the wiring harness and i just picked up today only on ignition it says gen trans fault after that its change gears wit no issue!
    the mechanic says its showing communication has been lost neutral in the transmission j1939.
    the truck its shifting fine but a week ago it got stuck in 10th gear then it reset after i shot off the truck then couple days later it was showing F when i was changing gears then after that it gave me electrical fault abs module im trying to see if anybody knows what is the problem, the mechanic advise me to chane to manual transmission he say its going to cost me 4000 $

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mad_Season

Mad_Season Bobtail Member

Dec 6, 2019
    Please Somebody Help!
    I have the same Truck as milad
    I have the communication has been lost neutral in the transmission j1939
    it says gen trans fault on ignition,after that it shift's normal .
    it got me worried a week ago it got stuck in 10th gear while driving in Minnesota i wasn't even trying to change gear it showed F and a couldn't get it out of gear until i shot of the truck for 15 min then it reset.
    couple days after it was showing me F between gears but it was changing gears with no problem .
    then a day after when i tried to start the truck it showed electrical fault abs module,
    i'm worried to go on the road without fixing the issue i hope someone can help me with this issue.
    i was at the mechanic today and i told them to replace the harness from the TCU to The shifter and they replaced it but on ignition it still says gen trans fault then it goes away and the truck drives and shifts normal.
    the mechanic said that its better for me to change the transmission to manual its going to cost me around 4000$ but the transmission is good i know that i don't know what to do i'm in the Chicago area so if you guys know someone who knows how to work on this transmission please let me know and thank you!

4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. QUALITYTRUCK

QUALITYTRUCK Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2009
    romulus,mi
    Truck Brothers in St. Charles.

6. RodneyL

RodneyL Bobtail Member

May 26, 2021
    Truck stuck in N want shift in gear

7. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    You have an electronically controlled transmission. Your next step is to have someone with Service Ranger software connect to it and see what codes are being logged.

8. StormShadow19

StormShadow19 Bobtail Member

Sep 20, 2022
    All excellent information. Very informative. I'm having these issues as we speak. Gonna have Love's mechanics complete a diagnosis and go from there. Thanks all

9. StormShadow19

StormShadow19 Bobtail Member

Sep 20, 2022
    Wow... Very informative. Thanks

Heavyd Thanks this.
  10. DennisS

DennisS Bobtail Member

Oct 22, 2022
    Did Loves figure out what it was? I’m having the same problem.

• Truckers Report Jobs