Georgia Authority Question

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by WallGroup, Sep 12, 2018.

1. WallGroup

WallGroup Bobtail Member

Jan 3, 2018
    ive been hauling exempt products with just a dot number for several years as interstate carrier. Ive never gotten the federal mc authority because i only pulled logs and hay in ga and fl. Now i only run ga and have decided not to go in fl. I use the ga tag now not irp tag. I want to haul other types of freight in ga only and i know you use to be able to get a ga intrastate authority but now im told just register with gimc but thats just ga registration like the ucr. That isnt ga hauling authority. Or is it. I know i have to register with gimc to haul in ga only so where do i get the ga authority to haul regular freight?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    Its only 25$ a year for ga dot # if your tag is not exempt for forest hauling only, now you can haul most everything, you will buy all fuel in ga so no fuel sticker needed, only you need to keep your log. books and, mo. insp. sheets and yearly insp. in your file with all other paper work in your folder ga. dot will be able to look at your truck and trailer at road side they like to pick out ga dot # trucks to insp. when they see you?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    WallGroup Thanks this.
  4. Liquidforce

Liquidforce Light Load Member

Sep 27, 2016
    Savannah GA
    Can you run into the ports on GIMC only or does that still require UCR? Assuming we wouldn’t be draying out of the state of GA.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.