Georgia Walmart Distribution Centers?

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by Robert P, Aug 28, 2021.

1. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    go to walmart here I come 2.0 this is my page on here. all kinds of info there. once on it. scroll to the very bottom and click on walmart. it pulls up all the other pages too

Robert P Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BORNAGAIN

BORNAGAIN Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2017
    Onboarding is the process of get you onboard and ready to go, you go through orientation, then you go to your base DC for a few days to learn more location specific rules, then you on the road with a trainer, not to teach you how to drive, but to teach you the walmart way, paperwork and all that, and when all that is done, and they finally send you on your own, the onboarding process is over.

With regard Yard/Local driver, that is mostly a yard jockey position but it they need you to, you need to be able to drive a trailer on the road and go do a delivery. That is a very good position but someone who wants to be local, but although you see it listed on the website and you might apply for it, you will never get it. They list those position to comply but those positions already have a name by the time they are listed.

Most likely they want to hire you to go over the road, one week you go out 5 days and you get 2 days home, next run you go 6 days and get 3 days home, next run you go back to 5 days. So you are over the road, staying out away from home for 5 days. After the 5 days when you come home for 2 days, your truck doesn't sit waiting for you, some other driver will jump on that truck and take it for their 5 days, When you come back after your 2 days off, you have to jump back into a different truck everytime, that is sleep seat/scap.

Very rare you go apply to a good company and they will be waiting for you to show up so that they will give you the best route, the best truck. Normally they list serveral positions but they really one have one position that they want to fill and that is the one you will get.

Enjoy the trucking world....

jaxboy3436, Robert P and truckdriver31 Thank this.
  4. truckdriver31

Sep 18, 2013
    that yard dog/local is a job with the dc. it has nothing to do with the transportation office.

5. WalmartWife

WalmartWife Bobtail Member

Sep 27, 2021
    My husband works out of the Douglas DC and likes it. He is not a fan of the ones closer to Atlanta.

Robert P and truckdriver31 Thank this.
  6. truckdriver31

Sep 18, 2013
    who would be with the 1st truck for destin fl

7. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    When I ran for Schneider out of Atlanta, I made some deliveries to the Walmart DC in LaGrange.

Unless things there have changed since I left, the yard there was very messy and disorganized (meaning trailers were not parked in an organized way--I was told to park my delivery wherever I could find an open spot--NOT your typical Walmart DC) especially for a company like Walmart.

If you have a choice--I'd definitely go elsewhere!

--Lual

truckdriver31 and Robert P Thank this.
  8. jaxboy3436

jaxboy3436 Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Extra board means you start usually on a certain day like Wednesday or Friday for 5 days and you are not assigned a truck you will be driving a truck on where a driver is out sick or on his week's vacation

9. jaxboy3436

Mar 29, 2012
    Usually a new hire is considered to be on the extra board which means you will start usually on a Wednesday or Friday and work 5 days you will not have a assigned truck you will be driving someone's truck who is either on their weeks vacation or they are outsick eventually the rebid will come up and you can bid on whatever you like

10. jaxboy3436

Mar 29, 2012
    I drive for Walmart currently and I am on a 5/2 5/3 Which means 3 drivers share 2 trucks if you have more questions you could hit me up also

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2022
    Reason for edit: Referrals
  11. truckdriver31

Sep 18, 2013
    be careful with names on here.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2022
    Reason for edit: removed referral info
    88 Alpha, braceface and T.Rucker Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.