'Get Armed'

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Cybergal, Dec 3, 2008.

1. luvmyhubby

luvmyhubby Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Sidney MI

LOL, I was just thinkin the same thing ....is this PROOF that the cops/responsible agencies are NOT able to protect us anymore????

Ken Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    Fire the cops and hire a
    baaadd man -------> :naka:

4. Joetro

Joetro Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Post Falls, ID
    Actually, IIRC, they aren't even required to, according to the courts.

One thing I've been finding out, too, is that home invasions are becoming more and more frequent due to the availability of affordable home security systems. Thieves know that, while the occupants are relaxing, watching TV or getting ready for dinner, that the alarm system is disarmed. Easier for them to kick in the door and surprise the hell out of the occupants than it is to try and circumvent an alarm system. The really bad part about it is they tend to usually not like witnesses.

5. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!

TO PROTECT AND SERVE
    Only problem is that this is a totally unrealistic motto. There is no way that the cops can be everywhere at once.

So call 911. But while you are doing this, reach for your gun and protect yourself.

I had quite an interesting argument with a big city police lieutenant over this. I was at an ongoing training class, and he spouted off about how "no citizen should be allowed to own, much less carry a hand gun."

Where the hell is this clown coming from. I worked in a rural county environment. I always took it for granted that the folks I was in contact with were armed.

Big Deal. . .

6. Cybergal

Cybergal Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Well, I for one will protect myself and my family at all costs.

Sure, I'll call 911, but if they are not quick enough, something is going to happen.

7. Avenger29

Avenger29 Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2008
    South Carolina
    Out here in the country, if you aren't armed, you are dead meat. A "fast" police response time out here is 30 minutes. Average response time an hour or more...

Even in the city, a cop is going to take at least 5 minutes if you are lucky...

Same for ambulances and firetrucks, too. If somebody gets hurt out here, it's faster to take them to the hospital ourselves...

8. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Actually a time delay of five to ten minutes is not that unusual when you call 911. And that is just talking about from the time you explain to 911 (several times) what is happening, where help is needed etc. until the first responder unit (fire, police and/or medical) are even advised of the need for response. They have so many calls going on at once, and they have to prioritize how the calls are dispatched.

9. Ken

Ken Couch Commander

Oct 29, 2006
    And it's just going to get worse. Our county if facing such a financial shortage that they came out and said that they are cutting deputies and that the Sheriff Dept will no longer investigate property crime... :biggrin_2554:

10. Peanut Butter

Peanut Butter Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2007
    PO Dunk Idaho
    I once had a guy try to get in my house,, i do have a handgun,, i called 911 told dispatcher what was happening and to get a officer there asap as if the guy got in the house he was dead meat when officers arrived,, took less than 1 minute for officers to arrive and take care of the problem. altho had they not arrrived in time, that guy would have been taken out in a body bag no questions asked.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.