Get ready for e-lect-ronic logs!

Discussion in 'Knight' started by Sad_Panda, Oct 9, 2009.

1. kajidono

kajidono Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    I'm wondering how these electronic logs are going to affect the harvests. The crop has to come in off the field when it's ready. No exceptions.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckerdave1970

truckerdave1970 On Probation

Dec 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    I wish I could have seen that "exchange"! Did you get the chance to talk to Kevin? Am I correct in my belief that the family doesnt give a #### about drivers and our problems?

4. 3.14

3.14 Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Arizona
    i don't usually go out and become "that guy." i don't really like the stigma that goes with it. i prefer being the quiet, soft spoken one that just does his job. on that day, however, i was being bombed with anonymous messages from some anonymous coward. that "brave" person was blaming my then time dispatcher and i for knight losing a first time customer. my then time dispatcher was PO'ed to the core, because he follows the company's guidelines to the tee. when i was being used as a scapegoat and being sent those stupid messages, all i had written is "i'll be stopping by in a few hours."

my then time dispatcher was going ballistic, pointing fingers at certain knight kidlets, yelling at them for breaking guidelines to suit their needs, which then caused a massive jam on the dispatchers and drivers. i wasn't the only driver who got f'ed in the butt on that particular day. i went in there to "professionally" solve the issues. instead, i was dealing with a bunch of circle talk. i got no answers, and kevin wasn't available for comment. i still have no idea who the hell the anonymous brave person is. it wasn't my then time dispatcher. he can write. he also uses punctuation marks. the anonymous coward had chopped grammar and syntax errors galore.

the knights don't give 2 turds about drivers. in all honesty, jerry moyes gives more of a crap about his drivers. people talk a LOT of crap about swift, but i had it quite well over there. i wish i hadn't ever left that company. the only ones who talk lots of crap about swift are the unproductive, accident prone, crybaby turds. they seem to have the loudest voice, and people on just about every trucking site will take their word like its the gospel.

5. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
    So have you guys seen what I'm talking about yet?

6. kajidono

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    I don't have a QC either. I'm lucky enough to be at a company that it really won't affect much, other than the massive cost of buying and installing the junk. If I wasn't, I'd go do something else. Sitting half the week just because the office can't pull its collective head out of its arse would drive me nuts.

7. Sad_Panda

Dec 2, 2006

I think it is just members of the Mormon Mafia that are going to the electronic logs. Knight must be hiring complete ####### or something now because we seem to keep hitting hit with logbook SNAFUs and crap. Not sure I understand how they are messing up so bad, but I have heard log scores of 40% to 30% for some of the hires.

I guess, you get what you pay for? What a surprise!

8. Sad_Panda

Dec 2, 2006
    I guess re-tads is a bad word. Maybe I should call them Handicapable? :biggrin_2558:

9. 3.14

3.14 Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Arizona
    i've known about it for some time now. each time i was literally out of hours for the day, my dispatcher would put me on hold to check the electronic side of things, and then give me the "you need to figure out how to manage your time better!" speech. hey, it's not my #### fault loads aren't planned ahead of time. if i don't have a pre-plan before reaching my destination, i'm going to continue at MY pace. it allows for many hours and i run well ahead of schedule most of the time. the pre-plans i get like that are usually the live loads that needed to be picked up 3-9hrs PRIOR. like i said, if they'd planned me on it beforehand, i could have handled it.

10. kajidono

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    Yeah, the logging dept finds errors on mine every once in a while and sends a msg to my dispatcher about it. He hasn't driven for 16 years but he takes one look at my log and notices that they entered it into the computer wrong every time.

I suspect half the problems over there are on the office side too.

11. stranger

stranger Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2006
    NC
    Just wait until next year when the DOT starts keeping score on drivers the same way safestat does with companies.

Just had a big safety meeting, and this is supposed to happen by August 2010. DOT is supposed to have gone over all CDL holders driving records, and any other tickets received, ie logs, safety violations, OOS, anything. We were told the DOT was going back two years on the startup, and expects appx 175,000 drivers to be taken off the road at that time.

If this is not the case, some one post some links. The company recently had an audit, and were told this then I believe. I would like to know if this is actually the case. I know they are going to rate drivers, the two year look back at the start is what I am wondering about.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.