Getting a 1099??

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by C1hawkjr, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Actually.......The point of paying quarterly taxes is.....because it is the law! And......you do not pay them AFTER you have earned the money......you pay them BEFORE you earn the money! Is it right? I don't think so. Is it fair? I don't think so. Does anyone want to get scrutinized by the IRS and get involved in their little Guilty until proven innocent game? PAY THEM QUARTERLY. Don't ask me how I know! LOL : )

C1hawkjr and Tb0n3 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. C1hawkjr

C1hawkjr Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2020
    Martinsburg Wv
    I'll be paying quarterly..also will be getting a cpa

4. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    If he cared about the law he wouldn't work for someone who the very first thing they do is break the law by paying with a 1099.

C1hawkjr Thanks this.
  5. C1hawkjr

C1hawkjr Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2020
    Martinsburg Wv
    I guess I'll have to take my chances. Having no choice my hands are tied and needing money like yesterday. At this point its either work for them on or continue watching my family go hungry. The yard jockey job isn't paying all the bills.

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  6. Accidental Trucker

Accidental Trucker Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2015
    there is no legal culpability for someone working on 1099.

The employer, well, let’s just say that if the IRS WERE to catch up with them, there would be consequences.

ZVar Thanks this.
  7. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    If I were in your shoes... I would do ANYTHING other than what you are describing doing!

Go get a job swinging a hammer building houses, or offices, or whatever.

Go get a job with an asphalt company, holding a sign, or driving a sweeper, or driving a dump truck.

Go get a job with the city or county driving a garbage truck, and/or snowplow.

Go get a job in a manufacturing facility, or a food processing plant.

Work morning shift at McDonald's, and afternoon shift at Wendys...

You see where I'm going with this??? ANYTHING OTHER THAN SOME SHADEY 1099 JOB!!!

Hell, go become an Uber driver, Lyft driver, door dash delivery guy, or any of those type jobs.... I'd bet you could do 2 or 3 of those job all at the exact same time! At least they seem to be more on the up and up for 1099 type stuff.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.