Getting away with Murder

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Shackdaddy, Sep 3, 2021.

1. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    They're not around so much as when I started driving, but down the bayou way guys used to have their trucks done in multi bright contrasting colors, heavily illuminated, and they looked good. Like artwork.

bzinger and singlescrewshaker Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    No quarter given at my outfit..
    2 fired 3 hired

Bud A. and bzinger Thank this.
  4. Mototom

Mototom Road Train Member

May 7, 2019
    This I just had my first little “I’ve had enough of this ####” mood a while ago.

I won’t put up with excessive amount of bs from anyone anymore.
    #### sure ain’t gonna have some stooge make my job harder than it needs to be.

Hammer166, bzinger and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  5. mpd240

mpd240 Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Minnesota
    This is the first time in my life that I’ve had the advantage when it comes to employment. I’ve done my share of keeping my mouth shut to keep a job. Family at home. Mortgage to pay. Medical insurance for loved one with health problems. These are the burdens we take on as fathers and husbands. We do it without complaint since it is our duty. Now however there are more jobs driving a truck than there are good drivers. Employers will pay top dollar for top drivers these days. Treat me poorly or allow your customers to treat me poorly ill leave. Find someone else. I can find a new job tomorrow. Don’t know why anybody is surprised by this. It’s how most employers have treated their employees. We were easily replaced. The wheel has turned.

6. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    Im down, few people i wouldnt mind seeing next thursday....

bzinger Thanks this.
  7. CorsairFanboy

CorsairFanboy Medium Load Member

Feb 19, 2018
    I guess me thinking about buying my own "high end" truck seat doesn't seem like a bad idea anymore.. $7500 for some stickers for a company trucks? geez.

8. JolliRoger

JolliRoger Road Train Member

May 8, 2007
    Mississippi
    There is art and then there is crap. Vast difference. I used to appreciate the paint jobs on the old dump truck owners in Jersey and around the city. New Orleans used to have quite a few "drays" tastefully decorated. But, in the end.. Class will tell.

Bud A. Thanks this.
  9. Vagabond82

Vagabond82 Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2020
    Dude I passed that exact truck in Idaho earlier today lol.

Bud A. and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  10. Lazer

Lazer Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2017
    My employer just terminated a driver this past Thursday. Supposedly the 4th incident this year. One was a left lane violation, one for speeding, just recently he just finished his break, released the brakes, and the truck rolled back into a vehicle that parked behind while on break(he didn’t notice it parking during his break). Final straw was a placard violation, not matching the bol.

Bud A., bzinger and bentstrider83 Thank this.
  11. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    "Smokestack trucking," driving a grass burner. Makes sense!

Bud A., InTooDeep, kylefitzy and 3 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.