Getting started no experience questions

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by charged, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Boxcar

Boxcar Light Load Member

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    He was attacked pretty hard. with all the "he's going to kill someone". Slow down safety Sams

9 times out of ten you know you can get someone to show you how to strap it down. And if its wrong it will be falling off by the time he takes the turn out of the parking lot because the newb hits the curb coming out.

You want to know about getting premo loads so does everyone else why would they tell you?

Personally if you have all this money I would goto vegas bet it all on black your chances are better

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GuysLady

GuysLady Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jun 20, 2007
    The eye of the storm....
    He was attacked sir? Excuse me, but he insulted several people here before he insulted me. All I did was remind him of the rules of this forum.

4. Boxcar

Boxcar Light Load Member

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    He did attack you I agree that was not right. But all the responses were off topic and you could tell he was getting more and more frustrated with it. To get him banned because he felt cornered in his post. A lil harsh get some thicker skin. I would of loved to got on here and read his mis adventures every night. And I know here comes all the nights in shining armor to attack me.
    Bottom line he has no clue about the Industry and will fail.

5. GuysLady

GuysLady Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jun 20, 2007
    The eye of the storm....
    I have no need of a knight in shining armor. I can and do take care of myself.

The truth of the matter is, he had no concern for not only his own safety, but also had little concern for anyone else's. We are certainly not going to contribute to someone's willingness to get themselves and everyone around them killed.

bullhaulerswife and tho5243 Thank this.
  6. MilkMan

MilkMan Bullshipper

Aug 18, 2008
    Cincinnati, OH

You know what, I normally keep my mouth shut during these little quips, but after having read the first 3 pages, you're pi$$ing me off. The FACT is that whether you like it or not, there ARE dues to pay in this business. I'm paying mine AGAIN now for having been out and now back in, but that's beside the point. Whether you like it or not, you'll end up paying your dues. HOPEFULLY, you won't kill someone else when you kill yourself because you THINK you know it all.

You seem to think you can just show up here, make light of safety concerns, and babble on about not being rocket science and so forth.... well, if the pay reflects it as you say, why would you want to run with us anyway? And, why would you show up here, post your arrogant remarks, and expect no one here to not have something to say about it? Go back and read your own first post.... I KNOW, I KNOW, and more I KNOW made up the first 90% of it.

As for a means to a peaceable end here, since you won't consider working for or signing onto a company and you don't seem to want to consider anyone's advice here, would you consider paying for a load securement school or training if you could find it? It would prove beneficial for all persons on the highways.

7. MilkMan

MilkMan Bullshipper

Aug 18, 2008
    Cincinnati, OH
    Geez, I guess I should have read to page 4 instead of stopping at 3 to jump up on my soapbox, I might have known he was banned already :) ........... Ooops.

8. 7mouths2feed

7mouths2feed "Family Man"

Nov 29, 2007
    Jacksonville, AR
    Hahahahahah I have been reading this since day 1 and its funny just how pationate ppl are in this biz. Milk your not the only one to set him straight after he got banned. LOL

9. im6under

im6under Heavy Load Member

Feb 13, 2007
    iowa
    nahhh, ya'juz callz'em up an asks if they are a rip-off broker or a good'un...

the good'unz ul hang up on ya...

funny... I don't remember all these ruffled feathers from last week...:biggrin_2554:

10. Capt.Kirk

Capt.Kirk Bobtail Member

Jan 5, 2006
    Beechgrove, TN
    I know I don't have much to say around here, but I drove for TMC for a short time and I went through the load securement training. Before that, I thought I new what I needed to know, and I was sadly mistaken. I learned a whole lot. I think that in this guys case is that if he was to get a load secured and to it's destination without falling off the trailer or killing anything, a couple of load claims might shut him down. Like using chains with no edge protectors on maybe drywall. I don't think any broker will work with him long.

11. Dukesdad

Dukesdad Light Load Member

Aug 3, 2008
    toronto ontario
    I think he knows what he's doing and just yanking your guys chains.
    Worked for me.
    He now has a 500 mile radius in Tennessee all to himself.:biggrin_25517:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.