Getting your Doubles/Triples Endorsement

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Freshenstein, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Screaminpete

Screaminpete Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2009
    NV
    Sweet! I'll check that out. I've been looking for some good tanker pics. Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Screaminpete

Dec 3, 2009
    NV
    Those are some really cool pictures! Those seem to be some older pictures because it was before KAG bought out Beneto and when Chevron had trucks. Well I'm not sure if the Vegas area still has Chevron trucks? Reno doesn't. Do you still haul fuel for Arco?

4. defencerulez

defencerulez Light Load Member

Oct 28, 2010
    In between the LAKES!
    I've never pull a triple since it is not allow in Canada... Yet... (I hope it's never allowed! I work for UPS for god's sake...)

But swing'em wide is NOT the way to go with a train, or I should say, you can do better! The trick to turn an A train double is, get as close to the curb as possible, as you are approaching the turn, slowly steer away from the curb, (this is what we call the "set up") So the right wheel of your rear trailer should be near the curb, while your tractor is moving away from the curb... Then if you are in a UPS tractor (a day cab), make a very very sharp right turn when you look right, and your shoulder has been lined up with the corner of the turn... And oh yeah we can make some very very tight turns with it, it's all about the setup!

5. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    No, I've been retired for some time now. ARCO closed their terminal in Las Vegas due to Herbst going over to Chevron and the station numbers dropped. ARCO would not let hin brand his stores "Country Stores" which he got very up set and went over to Chevron. His sales in gasoline slowed way down but that really doesn't matter all that much. You either sell a lot of gas at a low price or less for a higher price. But the profits from the stores were more under his brand. I'm sure Chevron had the same problems we had with this guy.

6. okiedokie

okiedokie Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2011
    PNWET
    I've pulled "T"trains off and on since 1987 mostly in the mountains. Vans,flats,tanks in any combination according to weight. But never 3 tanks at once. Heaviest trailer first. Don't think for a minute that pulling T trains are easy cause about time you do, that 3rd box will be on it's side. Easy on the corners! Never ever drive into a place you can't drive out of. Backing them up is not an option. Take your time and always check your con-gear hook ups.

7. Screaminpete

Dec 3, 2009
    NV
    Oh okay. Yeah, I go to Sacramento from time to time and there are a lot of Arco trucks there. When I was getting certified to load over there, the operator was telling me that the terminal was for sale. They have since sold it, but Arco trucks still run out of there.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.