Giant Eagle - Crafton, PA

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by DTP, Jan 19, 2017.

1. DTP

DTP Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    Any produce haulers, AVOID this place at all costs. My company regularly serves this f'n place and for the 4th straight time, I'm sitting with refused product and losing a day because of it. 5 hour unload, rejected product yet again. This place finds a dozen bs reasons to refuse freight, and our drivers are the only ones who end up being put out over it. Exactly why I quit this job 3 years ago and I'll likely be putting in for my vacation ASAP to start looking again. This is a good job unless you deal with this place, but since this is their biggest customer, it's a 2x a week stop most weeks. There's a reason we always get these loads to Crafton and never to the Bedford Heights, OH DC anymore, it's because Bedford doesn't pull this stunt every day. Bedford gets you out in 2 hours and rarely refuses anything, this place on the other hand blows. See guys at the window every time I'm here complaining about refused product so my company certainly isn't the only one who deals with this. You've been warned...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pintlehook

Pintlehook Road Train Member

May 2, 2013
    Just curious as to why you'd go back if you knew the aggravation of one of their main customers?

Blackshack46 Thanks this.
  4. DTP

DTP Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    Because at the time I was looking for a job after coming back from surgery, sadly this looked like my best option. Was shocked at what was available at the time and extremely disappointed. Couldn't believe there was nothing better seemingly.

Pintlehook Thanks this.
  5. DTP

DTP Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    My days of doing hard labor are over, body can't take the abuse it once could so that eliminates some jobs. And just a terrible month to be looking I guess when I was coming back (January), was next to nothing in terms of good. Nobody I was eyeing was hiring

6. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

7. DTP

DTP Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    It's always "poor quality" or "we didn't order that", etc. It's bs. I delivered a load last week, a double drop to both Bedford and Crafton, same exact product, quantity, etc. Bedford gets me done in 90 minutes, all good. Crafton takes 3.5 hours on their half, and rejects 52 cases for "poor quality". Was good enough for one and not the other.

My guess is Crafton is in bed with the place in Pittsburgh we usually drop the rejects off at. The broker sells it to them for next to nothing and everyone wins but our drivers, who end up with extra stops, long days, etc and very little $. 4 straight loads to Crafton I've left with product on the trailer...

8. Stormy 69

Stormy 69 Medium Load Member

Jul 1, 2016
    Confusion
    If it's worth selling then sell it. Make up for time wasted. Ain't a truckstop in America that doesn't have someone peddling goods on the CB Tell the low life broker that they didn't seal the trailer up. Went in for shower came out it was gone. Sorry

9. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    They may reject it because they did not sell as much as they projected they would between the time they ordered it and when you arrived and simply don't have space in the slot for it all. Some places allocate bare minimum space for product sku, and order to fill it 100% at delivery based on estimate sales over a given time.

So they have to make some other excuse to kick it out.

10. DTP

DTP Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    Another 7.5 hour unload and once again, leaving with freight. Like I said fellas, don't do it. Place is gonna cost me this job and force me to look elsewhere

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.