Girton LLL

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by slim shady, Aug 9, 2021.

1. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    When you get washed out in Channahon, stop by my office and say hello.

slim shady, Speed_Drums and bzinger Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. slim shady

slim shady Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Chicago, Il.
    Roughly 7 weeks in now, supposed to be midwest regional, well I've done Alabama Arkansas so Carolina alot of Kentucky Tennessee and ohio.
    Pretty laid back, no micro managing they pretty much leave me alone. Once was asked why I didnt run my whole clock out, "I'm tired" that was the end of that. Just found out recently that we can personal convey our selves anywhere no time limit or mile limit what so ever, one driver did it from Florida back to Arkansas
    I confirmed it with our compliance Girl.
    Short haul pay needs a bump up
    Which I'll be asking for, I've done 3or 4 days doing local stuff so no bump up, No more local work for me, we're not forced dispatched so I'll just kindly refuse. Several 650+ mi days but 500 seems to be about the average.
    Being able to run 75mph is a nice little extra

4. Mortarmaggot

Mortarmaggot Heavy Load Member

Apr 13, 2017
    Sounds like you're doing good. Sucks how the two, Heniff and Superior, petered out. Was a good run..

I'm doing local work for Slay out of Fayetteville, NC, but will be leaving next spring. Moved my family up to International Falls, MN, and I'll be joining them in the spring.

Starting to look for jobs up there, but it's slim pickings for tanker gigs.

Hate to admit it, but I'm actually considering pulling a van on one of those Dollar General account. Gulp...that's getting desperate.

Several months to look, so I'm not desperate yet. Not sure if I want to go back OTR. It is kind of nice being home every night, but it is more exhausting. OTR was much more laid back and the week off was nice.

Suspect Zero and slim shady Thank this.
  5. slim shady

slim shady Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Chicago, Il.
    Last week Girton LLL was bought out by BTC (Bulk transportation company East) out of Fenton Mo.
    They say nothing will change, lol. We will see. The BTC reviews on the internet are not good.
    I'll be asking for a raise very soon

6. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    I've been thru a few buyouts where they said nothing will change and it didn't last long .

Suspect Zero and slim shady Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.