Glass Unit Training

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by seawheeler, Aug 29, 2011.

1. seawheeler

seawheeler Heavy Load Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Central, IL
    I started this thread when I entered glass training. I never intended it to go on forever but it grew legs and I had a lot of fun with it. A few months ago I left the glass division and went over to flatbed. Since I no longer haul glass I've stopped posting here. There were a few other glass hauls posting here for a while but I think they have all moved on as well.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. seawheeler

Jan 14, 2011
    Central, IL
    - Satelite radio, no problem the in-dash radios have an audio jack on the front so you can imput sat or ipod
    - Frig, you can buy one made to fit the opening in the truck, it will run on 110 or 12v and I think the go for about $450. Most people get a 110 model from a big box store and it works fine and saves you a few hundred.
    - Micro, no problem
    - TV, the trucks have an antenna, you may also want to find a TV that has a built in DVD player. There are many internet sites that have these. Stay away from the truck stop electronics as you will pay way too much.
    - CB, the trucks are pre wired for the cb and you can install it yourself.

4. imissmyvet

imissmyvet Bobtail Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Hey seawheeler, Why did you leave Glass? Did something happen?

5. seawheeler

Jan 14, 2011
    Central, IL
    No, mainly I was just tired of being out 2 weeks at a time. Flatbed gets you home most weekends.

6. Hightower

Hightower Light Load Member

Feb 16, 2012
    Carbondale pa
    Thanks you have helped so many people out and helped your company get some good drivers from your posts on this thread. Thank you again

seawheeler Thanks this.
  7. BigGreenAlien

BigGreenAlien Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2012
    Jasper, GA
    This was a great thread....I got a call from Adam today and hope to hear of a orientation date soon.

8. seawheeler

Jan 14, 2011
    Central, IL
    Good luck!

9. n118nw

n118nw Bobtail Member

Dec 24, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Wow 55 pages to read through... sorry if these questions have been answered..

I pull flatbed for Prime in the Texas Division and I'm looking elsewhere since Prime's FB rates seem to be dropping faster than a hookers panties. I live in San Antonio, and I noticed that Maverick's Glass Division is hiring right out of San Antonio.

I'm trying to figure out, what is the average pay for the guys pulling glass, both Company and Lease? I currently am an I/C and I don't mind staying one, but only if it's profitable.

The next question is, I've pulled glass once when Prime had a contract pulling PPG out of Witchita Falls, but I've only done that once; as far as I know, I didn't break anything, but how often does the glass break?

And then, since they're hiring right out of San Antonio, does Maverick park their trucks at the customer or do they have a yard here?

10. jxu417

jxu417 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Midwestern OH
    I think Maverick has a Dedicated Glass account out of Witchita Falls.... Call Mason in Recruiting, he will be straight up with you.

11. seawheeler

Jan 14, 2011
    Central, IL
    I have no idea what they have going on in San Antonio. Dedicated runs out of the falls and Corsicana. They hire regular glass drivers throughout TX.

Hauling glass is not much different then hauling anything else, safety first. It's rare for it to break but it happens.

As for pay I think they start out at .47 and in 6 months go to .49 that's for company drivers. Maverick has a IC program but I know nothing about it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.