Glass Unit Training

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by seawheeler, Aug 29, 2011.

1. jxu417

jxu417 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Midwestern OH
    yeah, IC questions, ask DanFromWindsor....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. n118nw

n118nw Bobtail Member

Dec 24, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    I talked on the online chat thing to a recruiter named Jeff.. he said it starts at .49 cents now, but I have to drive as a company driver for a few months until I can lease a truck.

I know Maverick does the PPG glass out of Witchita Falls.. from what I was told from another Prime driver is that Maverick stole the contract (uh huh, sure they "stole" it). Prime's contract was hauling glass in containers to one of the Houston ports, and I haven't seen a container on a Maverick truck so I'm not so sure it was the same contract.

I tried to get more information but I lost my internet signal so on Monday I'll be calling.

4. sewerman

sewerman Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2008
    westville indiana
    Yes we do have containers down there for that now. I don't run in that division sorry I can't tell you more.

5. seawheeler

seawheeler Heavy Load Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Central, IL
    You are correct, the account was previously serviced by Prime.

6. cabwrecker

cabwrecker The clutch wrecker

Mar 23, 2012
    #### it Gunny you totally dropped your pack on keeping us updated! :biggrin_25526:

Was told today by a recruiter that (OTR) glass hauling positions were available in NE Ohio.
    Anyone back this up? Their website says specific locations like Carlisle, or is this just OTR dedicated out of Carlisle?

7. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    In Ne ohio you would be OTR glass. Typically dedicated drivers have to live within 50-100 mile of the plant.

8. cabwrecker

cabwrecker The clutch wrecker

Mar 23, 2012
    OTR is what I wanted, but I could always move to Carlisle. Helps when you have almost literally no strings to keep your tied down. I've got my lease and a boss that needs me to stay for a few more months and that's it.

Thanks for the reply.

9. Rugerdave73

Rugerdave73 Bobtail Member

Dec 25, 2010
    Texas
    Yes we have the container acc. at PPG WF TX now it is handled by our dedicated acc. there

10. Rigbuilder

Rigbuilder Medium Load Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Bedford, Texas
    There is a dedicated account in Wichita Falls, Texas and Corsicana, Texas. Also in Mount Zion, Illinois, Carlisle, PA, and Geneva, NY.

11. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    Don't forget about me in Spring hill,ks. Also church hill, TN and Carlton, mi.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.