Glasses

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Bdog, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Accidental Trucker

Accidental Trucker Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2015
    The requirement is 20/40 in each eye, CORRECTED, AND stereo vision.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AKDoug

AKDoug Medium Load Member

Mar 21, 2018
    That's the only OOS I have ever received. I'm in the same boat, passed CDL with no vision restrictions. My doc's office has the eye chart in a dark hallway and I just barely can't pass it, so my med card has eyeglasses required. I just keep a pair of glasses permanently in each of the trucks I own after getting the OOS. Luckily my son was a 1/2 hr behind me with one of my other trucks where I had a set of glasses.

Snailexpress Thanks this.
  4. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    Neither exam you submitted to, at the medical facility or the one at the state motor vehicle office is worth anything. Both just check, very poorly, for visual acuity and color recognition. Both are given by individuals with little or no training in proper usage.
    There is a section on the physical form that allows a genuine ophthalmologist (eye doctor) to do an examination and make a determination of your vision quality and health at that moment. And it will be a lot more involved and check for many other conditions.
    If you are concerned that is the route that would be prudent. He/she may determine your vision is fine, and you do not need glasses, or you may catch a vision problem early and treat it successfully.

5. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Most Eyes don't get better in one field and worse in another.

They just flat out detoriate.

Your focus dries out and doesn't adjust anymore. I'm far sighted but my focus isn't there anymore.

I wear progressives because of that. Bi focals are technology past.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.