GLENDALE CA DOUBLE-BROKERS

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by JOEHOWARD, Sep 10, 2021.

1. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    don’t get me wrong, I don’t like what they are doing as well, those are my people. Not paying the drivers is one thing double brokering is another. While I don’t condone both double brokering most of the time the other broker is involved in it because he’s getting a kick back.

KB3MMX, Midwest Trucker and Avrakotos Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Avrakotos

Avrakotos Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2020
    BC
    Another thing that isnt really fair is that i know there are plenty of Armenians that are real carriers, do a good job, and arent shady, but they are getting lumped in with the rest since their are so many scammers in Glendale/Burbank that are. Honestly i think half of the people that call me are actually overseas and dont even know what they are doing is not right. As in it was never explained to them that what they are doing is wrong.

We have had 2 instances where these guys have double brokered trailers and they were totaled. Not fair to our company or the broker who had to pay 80,000 out of pocket for a brand new reefer trailer and the other 35,000 dry van. Not fair to the carriers that they double brokered too since we now have to take legal action to recover over 100,000 in loses since neither have the right trailer coverage.

Shame really they just cant put the same effort into doing it the right way as they would probably do alright. I dont care who you are, where your from, or who you pray to so long as the effort is made to do a good job in the right way. Thats all i can ask out of anyone.

4. LoneRanger

Jun 3, 2018
    I’ve been against double brokering from the start. I don’t care who is doing it. I feel your pain, but in reality every race hates it when they are bunched together with the bad actors. Ya these guys are Armenian, but we also have, tql, coyote, landstar, and a bunch of other big brokerages who practice the same techniques. I’ve been double brokered by all three of those brokerages so i have experience.

remember the rule exists because it was done and tha double brokering rules been around before Allstate came into the picture. That means others where and are doing it, they just haven’t been made famous yet.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  5. Avrakotos

Jan 22, 2020
    BC
    We dont work with Landstar and most major brokerages wont, even though they have trucks, because they are so shady and will blatantly lie to you on the phone. We dont use TQL with our assets because they back solicit customers. Never worked with Coyote so cant say.

The difference is the level of sophistication out of the Armenian dudes. All State has a TMS system and they provide access to their name, DAT, and other resources to any clown willing to give them 20% off the top. They call real brokerages and use like 600+ fake MC#s to book loads. So some fella in Armenia who doesnt know the least about the freight game coughs up 20% of his take and just runs amuck with the business ive worked for years to accumulate. This is how we all feed our families and none of us should take lightly some greedy POS 3000 miles away trying to ruin it all for us. Ive read so many reports of them not paying the delivering carrier and the broker who had the load pays twice, of them losing loads and trailers on the rail and ghosting everyone, unpaid clams, you name it

FMSCA, FBI, Interpol, and whatever other ABC organizations need to shut them down (again, as some of the ring leaders did go to jail once already) as this has gotten out of control. Even DAT is aware but lets it slide most of the time.

Good news is ive done this long enough to spot a scamming double broker from 5 miles out, so they dont take advantage of me, other new brokers...not so much.

6. LoneRanger

Jun 3, 2018

Life’s lessons are more expensive vs college. She plays for keeps. Expose them, do what needs to be done. Hope I can work with more people like you.

Avrakotos Thanks this.
  7. Hollywoodsaint

Hollywoodsaint Light Load Member

Jun 20, 2020
    Hollywood California
    The are mostly of Armenian decent!

8. markk

markk Medium Load Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't think double brokering is illegal, at least not what I understand it to be. Now masquerading as another broker is probably very illegal.
    I get loads from board often . Lots of them are double brokered. So are loads I get from my brokers. However they are getting the loads from the other broker so I am basically paying more for the load.
    I get way better load rate when I call broker and get loads that are not posted on the load board.

9. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    No question about it, double brokering is illegal.

Avrakotos and markk Thank this.
  10. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Here’s one... currently posting on DAT. I hadn’t heard of them yet.

Nobby Logistics Inc in Glendale, CA

1031 Justin Avenue Apt 109
    Glendale, CA 91201 USA

MC 1294904

Avrakotos Thanks this.
  11. Avrakotos

Jan 22, 2020
    BC
    FO SHO THEY'RE GLENDALE GANG SCAMMERS!

Midwest Trucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.