Glider kit opinions?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Highrisk21, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Highrisk21

Highrisk21 Light Load Member

Aug 22, 2016
    I know this topic already has several threads and I searched and didn't find the exact info I was looking for.

So I have a few questions first of all currently my personal truck is a 09 Cascadia with a dd15 with 650k on it. Although I like the trucks ride and comfort it so #### expensive to work on. Some of you might of seen my recent post of 6k for a fuel pump and 1 injector. It seems like everything for this #### truck is high dollar.banfew months ago it was a $800 air compressor.

Anyway I'm really thinking about a glider and I really like the Cascadia glider because I really like the Cascadia except for the high cost of repair on the dd15 but I also like the Coronados. There both around the same price with a factory reman. Haven't heard much about the Cascadia if there reliable as a glider because of all the fancy electronics and it seems like every older Coronado I see is tore to #### with the fairing always missing or broke like there not made well or something.

Or I just keep my truck and deal with the high cost of repairs. I guess eventually I'll run out of #### to replace lol..

I would love the 379 Pete glider for a little more but as much as I always have wanted one its just not practical for my current customers being mostly local city work.

Sorry to be long winded just not sure if it's worth the 130k investment for a piece of mind like warranty and cheapness and ease of fixing the 12.7 after the warranty.

Thanks

Road Killer Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cnsper

cnsper Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2014
    Look at the Western Star 4900SA it has the set back axle and it made a little better than the Freightliner but you can still get the same guts as the Freightliner. Here is the link to all the Daimler models. http://dtnaglider.com/Models.aspx

Road Killer and Highrisk21 Thank this.
  4. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    Who's making the Casscadia with a 12.7? I thought I read no one was putting the 12.7 in the Casscadia due to writing harness not being compatible.

Road Killer Thanks this.
  5. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Harrison Truck Centers, Clear Lake IA have them.

6. Highrisk21

Aug 22, 2016
    Yep Harrison

Road Killer and mp4694330 Thank this.
  7. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    I knew they had Coronado's, because I was looking at a couple on them.

Road Killer Thanks this.
  8. Highrisk21

Aug 22, 2016
    Yeah they a few different options there like Coronado, Columbia, Cascadia all factory remans also...I really like the Cascadia with the 12.7 seems like best of both worlds as long as it's not a electrical nightmare

Road Killer and ChicagoJohn Thank this.
  9. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    St. Catherines Freightliner in Southern Ontario is doing a Cascadia gliders also. It's a few bucks extra, but they have the translator boxes to talk to the computers.

Road Killer Thanks this.
  10. dustinbrock

dustinbrock Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2012
    saskatoon,sk
    I'm looking at one from St Catherine Flgreightliner. you can order a glider in the 2018 Cascadia, the new body style.

Conversation over. SOLD!

Road Killer Thanks this.
  11. Highrisk21

Aug 22, 2016
    Guess I gotta go look there now. Lol

Road Killer Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.