go to gr terminal

Discussion in 'Superservice' started by tdcanterbury67, Feb 11, 2012.

1. tdcanterbury67

tdcanterbury67 Light Load Member

Nov 7, 2010
    michigan
    i leave for the grand rapids terminal on the 20th of feb any info would be helpful thank you!!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Teamdotson

Teamdotson Light Load Member

Feb 17, 2007
    Bridgman, MI
    How did it turn out?

4. Crusty

Crusty <b>Just Plain Crusty</b>

May 29, 2010
    Canton, GA
    Probably turned out questionable. Like mine. What is with all this badgering about idle time anyway? No APU units and they expect low idle times??? Right! I'm gonna sweat, toss and turn and run fatigued.:biggrin_25512:

5. sedain

sedain Medium Load Member

Dec 4, 2010
    theyre harder on the drivers that dont run the miles, or complain. if youre getting it done you can idle to keep cool,trust me. seniority helps also.

Crusty Thanks this.
  6. Crusty

Crusty <b>Just Plain Crusty</b>

May 29, 2010
    Canton, GA
    yeah, i run as much as i can. Maybe thats why those 'occasional' ups freight runs are a regular thing for me. I really upset the apple cart when i told them that one was mathematically impossible. My formula for trip planning is FLAWLESS. I had to explain it to them twice that it would take a 16 hour tour of duty to meet the p/u and delivery times. They finally decided on a hand off deal. Pissed me off too. The trip would have put me at the house. But it is what it is. A small bump in the grand scheme of things.
    Complaining? Now there's a fruitless effort. The DM's are just doing their job. The trip planners are yes men that wear rose colored glasses. The safety guys are just glad to have a job.
    Ran into one of our drivers at a rest area. Said he was left sitting for 2.5 days with hours. This was after he ran out of hours in the middle of a trip. Now it's a shame that we are given trips that are grossly flawed; but if it's not do-able, then he should have told them. SAID he has been with the co. for six mos. He should have known or at least notified the DM so the situation was known in advance.
    Another trip was taken from me because it would deliver in the afternoon instead of morning. It was sweet miles too. 1200. I kept trying to shave time off my calculation and the only way was to drive the second day without ANY breaks. Maybe pee in your bottle, cause running inside the rest area bathroom would take too long. 11 hours of your foot nailed to the floor. ( my cruise is broke ). Sorry, not me. You guessed it; a ups run. ####### nut cases. They HOLD the runs so you HAVE to drive straight thru. I guess it for security or for logistical efficiency. Whatever. Bottom line: it's unsafe.
    But anyway, I tell them what i can do or not. If i put a cramp in their style, I guess I'll be fired or forced out. Time will tell. I'm here to make money. Not play. I just hope some rookie doesn't get 'mezzed' amd hit a bridge abutment just because this company accepts loads that are too tight.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.