goin to marten

Discussion in 'Marten' started by TNspeedy, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Kabar

Kabar Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Pell City Al
    Let me get this straight. You where mad at them because you could not manage a legal log. That makes allot of sense. As for being fired and left with out a truck. Don't bet that won't happen as an O/O. Ever hear of CSA 2010? Not only will they ding you for running an illegal log as the driver. But then they will turn around and ding you as the owner. Keep doing it and they will "fire" you. You will not only lose your job but your business as well.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tvaldez

tvaldez Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Brownwood,TX
    Well I decided to go with marten. As a 10 yr reefer driver have i made the right choice or not.

4. Crobinson1324

Crobinson1324 Bobtail Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Athens, Tn
    tvladez, i think you have made a grat choice. i am not a marten driver but have been doin my research now for several months and have been considering going with marten myself. i am a local reefer driver but believe it or not our business is being to fall but i have heard nothing but good things about marten. keep us posted on your progress with marten and hope nothing but the best for you driver!!!

5. Kabar

Kabar Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Pell City Al
    I think you have. I've been doing refer for the last 11 yrs and I run for them. They have there BS but over all they are pretty good.

6. riverwolf

riverwolf Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2010
    mississippi
    yes, marten is going paperless logs. I am using it now. they want all their trucks using it by june or july. have to say, been on it now for 3days now. i hate traffic jams with it. it does make logging so much easier now. I dont have to keep up with mileage now. no more me being lazy and not wanting to touch log book. on a 34hr break. it will do it for me :) so electric logs vs paper? 50/50 in my book.

7. Crobinson1324

Crobinson1324 Bobtail Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Athens, Tn
    im sure that my opinion on eobrs is just that "my opinion". but i really have to say that i really cant say anything bad about them. i have not used them but from what ive been told the only real drawback to them is like riverwolf said when your in traffic jams or when you get run off of someones lot after your out of hours. marten has always been a real stickler when it comes to running legal so i would imagine that eobrs wont be too much of a shift for their drivers.

8. tvaldez

tvaldez Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Brownwood,TX
    So how is the paperless logs far as editing can u edit it at all.

9. tvaldez

tvaldez Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Brownwood,TX
    Thanks Kabar and Crobinson1324 for the reply's i haven't ever worked for a large co. before
    Ive been with a O/O with one trk for the last 10 yrs enjoyed running for him but its time to
    move on as he cant keep me busy enough.

10. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    No, you can not edit the E- log

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.