Going Back to the Pumpkin

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Airbus, Sep 22, 2009.

1. GypsyWillowDusk72

GypsyWillowDusk72 Medium Load Member

Jul 14, 2009
    everywhere
    Why are you going to Green Bay? Wouldn't Edwardsvill, Il be more convenient?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Master Jack

Master Jack Light Load Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Charlotte, NC
    That's what I wondered, hmm... do a 1000-mi round trip and end up 25 min. from my house. Is this foreshadowing for my driving career? :biggrin_2559:

Not sure... I'll be in Green Bay from the 10th - 16th then back to St. Louis on the 17th, go out on the road from Edwardsville the following week with a trainer. Obviously Edwardsville would be my home terminal. They'll pay for my gas up to GB so it's ok by me. I do like to drive... :biggrin_25525:

4. Swaps

Swaps Heavy Load Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Minnesota

anybody???

5. nadolap

nadolap Bobtail Member

Apr 4, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    [​IMG] Can Anybody tell me about TANKERS
    New, getting CDL out of Indianapolis, looking at Schneider, US Xpress, Transport America, talked to Schneider about possible Tanker driver. they are hiring student grads, anybody know anything about tanker divisions? pros cons for some reason it appeals to me. I know fluid can swish around. Does it pay different? Don't want to mess with flatbeds, tarps and all.:biggrin_25522:

Swaps, so I guess the answer is yes you can after orientation and trainer time

6. GypsyWillowDusk72

Jul 14, 2009
    everywhere
    Schneider doesn't have flatbeds or refeers.

7. johnday

johnday Road Train Member

As far as I know, you can hire right into the Bulk division. They'll train you.:biggrin_255:

8. johnday

johnday Road Train Member

Yeppers, we sure do. Very, very few, but they are there for some of the "special" customers. I've no idea how to break into that if you were so inclined. We also have a few doubles around, and I've even seen some high cube trailers.:biggrin_255:

9. GypsyWillowDusk72

Jul 14, 2009
    everywhere
    I thought Schneider sold their flatbeds to Marvick. Sorry I stand corrected. I heard that they were thinking of getting into refeers but I don't know where that stands.:biggrin_25520:

10. Master Jack

Mar 21, 2010
    Charlotte, NC
    Yes indeed.

11. Master Jack

Mar 21, 2010
    Charlotte, NC
    Yeah you can go in and haul tankers for them off the bat. They have several training tanker trailers on the yard. No one was messing with them while I was there, but there they were... and bulk was discussed a bit during orientation too...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.