Going for orientation on 11-30

Discussion in 'Averitt' started by RTVFL, Nov 6, 2015.

1. RTVFL

RTVFL Bobtail Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Averitt was my top choice...did a fair amount of research & liked them best...student driver so it's still a bit of a crapshoot I guess...but optimistic it's gonna work out for the best ...any tips from anyone on orientation?...TIA...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Charlyb715

Charlyb715 Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Dress nice on the first day (uniforms after that) and don't be like a guy I had in my orientation. Not only could he "back up into a hole faster than everyone else drives forward" but all he did all week was run his mouth while instructors were talking. It got so bad on of the new hires stopped the instructor mid sentence and got in the boys ### for being inconsiderate. He finally shut up only to prop his boots up in the chair next to him and pass smooth out. Refrain from #### like that and you'll be fine.

4. Charlyb715

Oct 5, 2015
    Oh and welcome aboard.

5. JustNva

JustNva Light Load Member

May 9, 2014
    Virginia
    I'm going to orientation this coming Monday, I'll try to give you a breakdown on what its like.

6. RTVFL

RTVFL Bobtail Member

Nov 6, 2015
    That would be great...thanks...

7. Charlyb715

Oct 5, 2015
    If you look back a few pages there was an extremely detailed post on orientation written. Good luck.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  8. JustNva

JustNva Light Load Member

May 9, 2014
    Virginia
    I was put on medical hold and sent home. But I can tell you the hotel is really nice (indoor heated pool hot tub, real breakfast, very clean). The hotel staff gives you a packet of paperwork to fill out and for you to turn in to Averitt. You congregate in the lobby Monday morning, then separated into two groups - one goes for physicals and the other goes to the training center for CBTs and paperwork. I went for the physical but didn't get any further than that....so that's all I can tell you.

Everyone has been very nice and helpful throughout this process. I'm still not sure what's going to happen with me, but hopeful it works out the way I want it to .

chopper103in Thanks this.
  9. RTVFL

RTVFL Bobtail Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Well sorry to hear your news...anything serious health wise...hope not....other info sounds good though...thanks & good luck to you...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.