Going "Prime"time

Discussion in 'Prime' started by OpenRoadDreamer, Apr 29, 2011.

1. OpenRoadDreamer

OpenRoadDreamer Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Alabama
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. OpenRoadDreamer

Apr 26, 2011
    Alabama
    Well... Update time once again. Been running hard last few weeks. Picked up a load out of Williamsport, Pa heading for Poteua, Oklahoma. No way I could make it there on time. Left Alcon at 1234 on Saturday, drop at the 90 was 0800 Monday. Was bound and determined to give it my best shot so I rolled. Did an 8/2 split Saturday, ran those hours out, then was goin to do another. Realized it wasnt goin to happen so I let dispatch know. Stopped for the night bout 30 miles west of Springfield at the rest area with a few minutes left on my clock. Well my belt had been squealing like a stuck pig the entire trip. I could hear it over: the engine going up hill weighing 75,000, over Lynard Skynard, and everything else. When I stopped I decided to check the belt to make sure there was no damage. Popped the hood, belt looked fine. Found fluid under the truck that looked like coolant, couldnt be mine cause my level was fine. Looked closer and my oil pan was covered in oil sides, back and bottom. Sent RA a message and after awhile of back n forth, night dispatch was useless, they said bring it to Springfield. For some reason we were more concerned about the belt, no clue why. So my trucks been at Detroit since Monday, still not done yet. Whenever I actually get it back, it goes to Frieghtliner cause Vorad keeps messing up. The screen will just go blank for some reason, itll reset itself to 57 w/o me doin anything, and it wont let me use cruise most of the time. So now we sit n wait for everything to be fixed. O and my APU is like 2 months overdue on its PM, so I get into all three shops this time. Least I get some time to rest. Felt horrible all week.

4. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    You can get your PMs for the truck and APU done at any Petro, TA, Speedco and I believe Boss truckshop at a Pilot. Make sure they have the filters for the APU first though.

Drew352 Thanks this.
  5. da1

da1 Road Train Member

Jun 30, 2011
    SC
    hopefully when you get it back all will be well and you can run hard again...unlike me who had the check engine light to come on about 30mi away from spf and then the regen light which went from solid to flashing after a while RA said keep rolling but after a hr of both lights not going off i pulled over and did a regen and WOOO lights disappear

6. OpenRoadDreamer

Apr 26, 2011
    Alabama
    Hopefully itll work out. Right now my passenger side engine is laying on the floor

7. Drew352

Drew352 Medium Load Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Leesburg,fl
    Hopefully they get you back on the road soon so can make some money!! Also jw if your truck is gonna be down for awhile you would think they would offer you another truck while it's in the shop..

8. ironpony

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    The truck you're in is the truck you're in - if you want slip-seating, go to Swift, for example. But don't take hometime... you'll be in a different truck (read: wreck) when you come off of it. If you are having serious and REPEATED downtime issues, talk with you FM about a diffierent situation. The only folks who are offered "loaners" are lease-ops. And that's if you happen to be at a yard where there is something to "loan."

9. OpenRoadDreamer

Apr 26, 2011
    Alabama
    Im atleast getting breakdown pay. Hotel room is also paid for. We shall see when I get back on the road. I wont be taking hometime this month. Ill wait til next month if I can get there without a trailer

10. emton

emton Medium Load Member

May 18, 2009
    Hobart, IN
    I think it depends on the situation IP. I picked up a company diver whose truck was at the Freightliner in Gary, IN and dropped him at PRIPIT where he got a "loaner" and drove it until his truck was ready. Think it was a turbo problem and parts were on a 2-3 week backorder.

11. ironpony

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    That's unusual... at least in terms of a couple of years ago.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.