Going "Prime"time

Discussion in 'Prime' started by OpenRoadDreamer, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Drew352

Drew352 Medium Load Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Leesburg,fl
    Yes I understand your truck is your truck but think there should be an exception for say if your truck is gonna be down for a number of weeks since it most likely isn't gonna be your fault it broke down.. And I read that on the website about the l/o get loaner trucks if your trucks down.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    That's unusual too - unless the truck has been in an accident. My experience is that you get turned around fairly quickly. But understand, you have to be AT one of the yards to get a "loaner." If your on the road, you're stuck unless you can get a ride, and your truck will most likely be ready to go once you're in the "loaner" anyway.

4. OpenRoadDreamer

OpenRoadDreamer Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Alabama
    I was just offered a loaner truck. Had the paper in my hand, a pos century class. Called Detroit n they said the parts come in and it will be done this afternoon.

5. Drew352

Drew352 Medium Load Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Leesburg,fl
    Nice hopefully get it back soon..
    Yea been with my dad before when he broke down and had to stick and wait for parts.. Crazy you gotta wait 2-3wks for a turbo job remember back in like 02 I was with my dad he had a 90 something Volvo 610 with like 650k on it and we blew a turbo n nc took it to Volvo dealer n next morning was back in the road.. But we got lucky cause shot out the exhaust n didn't go into intercooler/engine

6. OpenRoadDreamer

Apr 26, 2011
    Alabama
    The door on the loaner didnt even shut right... Its less worth it for me to get a loaner due to the amount of equipment I have. It would take hours just to transfer that over. Im call back shortly n find out whats up again.

7. Medic10

Medic10 Light Load Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Michigan
    If you turn down the loaner do you keep getting break down pay? I guess as long as I was getting break down pay and they were putting me up in a motel I'd probably just so that too if the alternative was transferring into some pos. I used to hate it when my ambulance would go down for maintenance and I had to jump into a different truck. And most times with that I didn't have to transfer much equipment; a few things here and there. I'd hate trying to do it with my "house on wheels".

8. OpenRoadDreamer

Apr 26, 2011
    Alabama
    Im not sure. Im just goin by what DD told me. No sense in moving my home if Im just goin to get my truck back today. Waiting on DD to call me back.

9. ironpony

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Check with your RA advisor if you want to know... my guess is that you would continue to get breakdown - and if you're not in SPRIMO a motel room, but company side is different than lease.

Generally speaking, the "loaners" are junk.

10. OpenRoadDreamer

Apr 26, 2011
    Alabama
    Im in SpriMo now. Have been since Monday. I didnt actually refuse it... I just said I wouldnt need it, cause I was told the parts were in and it would be done today. Dont know what else to do.... Nothing I do is goin to make it be fixed sooner.

11. ironpony

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Nothing you can do. Its frustrating.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.