Going to Army Base (Tobyhanna, PA)

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Mohtrucker, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Mohtrucker

Mohtrucker Light Load Member

Oct 20, 2019
    I'm not worried about my job at this . I'll have to do what I can to get my record sealed at this point

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    There is sealed and then there is...Well the guv'ment has ways of seeing things that no one is supposed to be able to see. Still pretty chicken stuff to let something like that keep you from coming in.

D.Tibbitt, Mohtrucker and buddyd157 Thank this.
  4. Mohtrucker

Mohtrucker Light Load Member

Oct 20, 2019
    Just thankful they didn't try to charge me for lying on the background form

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  5. Eowyn

Eowyn Medium Load Member

Jul 5, 2016
    TN
    I don’t know if you can seal your record from the government. You may be able to get it expunged, but I’m still not sure if the military would see it or not.
    Whenever a military load comes on the board (for whom I work for) they have notes that if you can’t pass a background check don’t accept the load.
    It shouldn’t effect your hiring unless you need a twic card or want to do military and security loads. Twic cards it depends on the severity of the crime and how long ago it was. You can look that up on the twic website.

Lying on the background form probably didn’t help either.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  6. COBB2070

COBB2070 Medium Load Member

Jul 8, 2018
    SoCal...The OC
    Records of infractions, either guilty or not, as a minor are sealed from public view. The government is not the public and the reason they saw that charge. Even if you get it expunged, the charge and the date of expungement will show in the government system and may still prevent you from entering a military base or government facility. And while most felonies will keep you off base or other government facilities, not all will. I know a driver who has a felony drug possession from his early 20's (he's 54 now), and he delivers to military bases here on the west coast and has a TWIC card as well. It will be a lot of paperwork to clear up, and when you do, make sure to keep certified copies with you at all times.

Eowyn Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.