Going to Boyd Brothers

Discussion in 'Boyd' started by dwalto, Feb 12, 2013.

1. dwalto

dwalto Light Load Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Greenwood, Indiana
    I graduated on the 8th and after a lot of consideration, trying to decide how to use my new CDL, I have decided on Boyd. They seem to have a fair pay scale and haven't read too many negative things about them. Flatbed seems like the way to go anyway, from what I've read. So I will be attending orientation on the 18th, following a 13 hour bus ride. Yep. I'm excited and a bit anxious about the whole thing. Wishing I could fast forward 6 or 7 weeks when I will be on my own as a solo. Any one else attending orientation that week?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. critters

critters <b>Late For Dinner</b>

Jul 16, 2011
    traverse city,MI
    I have heard good things about Boyd,congrats on getting your CDL and good luck.

dwalto Thanks this.
  4. dwalto

dwalto Light Load Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Greenwood, Indiana
    Made it through orientation and two weeks so far with a trainer and I can't say enough good things about Boyd. They treat their drivers very well and everyone is very friendly.

5. Mattress Monkey

Mattress Monkey Medium Load Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Flatbedding is for the young, at the start of your driving career boyd has those 70 pd wood tarps nice and heavy...

6. dwalto

dwalto Light Load Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Greenwood, Indiana
    haha 70? try 120. and I'm 36. I don't feel so young. It's hard work occasionally. But an awesome company. It's difficult waking up and immediately lifting heavy tarps but it's only 2-3 times a week. Having a good support system is awesome and the drivers all look out for each other. My trainer is outstanding. My first weekend was spent on Bourbon street in New Orleans having a great time. Boyd is very picky about who they choose to drive for them, which is a good thing. The pay is much better than most starter companies. Wayyyy better. I feel blessed to be part of this company. Home every weekend too. They leave you alone as long as you get the job done. Nice equipment. Maintenance is outstanding.

kerosene jockey Thanks this.
  7. Poa Triv

Poa Triv Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Glad u like it here.... Welcome to the family.

8. Jonrulerofearth

Jonrulerofearth Light Load Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Hueytown, Al
    Welcome to Boyd. Good luck

9. jawillson

jawillson Bobtail Member

Apr 24, 2013
    I was accepted to orientation today and suppose to catch the bus to bham Saturday. I am concerned about some things though. My recruiter said I was good to go. I'm worried that I'll be sent home from orientation. I have an abandonment on my dac from last year, plus I have a felony for child support. I really don't see how I am cleared to work there. I'm pretty excited about it but don't wanna go if they are just gonna send me home from orientation. I have applied for boyd 2-3 times and been told no everyone except this time. Could someone pleads tel me if I should even go or what? Just don't wanna waste my time going if they are gonna send me right back home.

10. jameson bearden

jameson bearden Light Load Member

May 19, 2011
    Dalton, Ga
    If I were you, I would call recruiting and ask specifically about the abandonment & felony before I packed up and went to orientation.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.